Apex Legends - battle royale in the Titanfall universe

Based on the look of the map scenes shown so far, I haven’t seen any good wall-running spots and my first thought was that they removed it. But I have no idea because we’re just seeing glimpses at the moment. It wouldn’t surprise me, one of the things the devs think held the original game back is the “complicated” parkour that puts new players off when they’re pitted against someone who has mastered the movement system.

Someone snatched this:

Oh, so they’re like Battleborn characters? Maybe a hero shooter/brawler of sorts and not a battle royale?

Stream starts in 30 seconds.

Website is up, go play:

Xbox One, PC, and PS4.

Legendary Characters

Explore a growing roster of powerful Legends, each with their own unique personality, strengths, and abilities.

The Ultimate Squad

Choose your Legend, team up with two other players, and combine your unique skills to be the last squad standing.

Strategic Battle Royale

Master your Legend’s abilities, make strategic calls on the fly, and use your team’s strengths to your advantage.

Here’s a Starter guide:

I am downloading it on PSN.

They just announced it and it’s already out?

I have to admit, I love that way of releasing games. The first DiRT Rally was released like that. Although that was technically Early Access (though it was already pretty polished, it just lacked the full tracks and modes that they kept adding).

To give you an idea of the currency prices:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/apex-legends-founders-pack/brj6h1j098wr

Coins themselves are sold for about 1000 coins per $10, with some bonus coins given for bigger and bigger bulk purchases.

There’s also a couple starter packs, one for $5 and the Founder’s pack for $29.99

Founder’s pack $29.99

Description

Drop into the Battle Royale action with the Apex Legends Founder’s Pack.
Includes the following items:
-2000 Apex Coins
-Exclusive Legendary Demon Hemlok Weapon Skin
-3 Exclusive Roughneck Character Skins (1 each for Wraith, Bloodhound, and Gibraltar)
-3 Exclusive Banner Frames (1 each for Wraith, Bloodhound, and Gibraltar)
-1 Exclusive Founder’s Badge

Apex Coins are an in-game currency that can be used to purchase new customization items for characters and weapons in the direct purchase shop, to purchase cosmetic Apex Packs, or to unlock new characters through the in-game store.

EA Access discount will also apply if you have it.

Yea, downloading on Xbox One here. I could do PC, but Xbox tends to have worse players in these types of games, and that’s much more my speed.

Sounds like the game is less a Battle Royale and more a Overwatch?

Gameplay trailer:

I’m really apprehensive about there being mandatory 3-man teams. I get stressed when I don’t live up to expectations. I play stuff like Planetside 2 because I can go be a lone wolf in my army of 200 allies and just do my own thing and nobody cares or notices when I fuck up. It’s why I avoid co-op games in general.

Hero-based BR. No real links to titanfall. Yup.

:(

McCoy’s answer also confirms what many already suspected: Titanfall 3 isn’t in development, and Apex Legends is its current Titanfall focus. (Respawn is also working on Jedi: Fallen Order, an under-wraps Star Wars game it briefly announced last year.)

Back in fall 2017, a Respawn source told Kotaku’s Jason Schreier “Titanfall 3 was well into development” and would release by the end of 2018. The reason for the hurry was that the modified version of Valve’s Source engine (used by the previous Titanfall games and reportedly also Apex Legends) - “was starting to feel dated”, and “Titanfall 3 might not feel or look as good if it came out too much later” - which, clearly, it did not.

This fits with what McCoy explained to me: that progress towards Apex Legends began after Titanfall 2, when the developer experimented with battle royale, “decided this wasn’t going to be a mode”, and chose to make Apex Legends “a game on its own”. It certainly feels like Apex Legends could have been a battle royale mode for Titanfall 3.

I love the hand cannons feeling :D
so far, learning to play

Well, this one is in first person unlike Fortnite or Realm Royale, so I will try it.

Fantastic trailer.

There’s a decent overview video, too.

Oh wow, this game is not for me. You drop in with no weapons and you have to go find them. I can’t tell friendlies from enemies because everybody seems to be the same color, and I end up following the wrong people. The early game just seems to be a scavenger hunt. And you can’t pick up ammo by just walking over it, you have to inspect it and pick up only what you can use and tag the rest for allies. Plus, I can’t tell for sure, but it seems like PUGs are facing pre-made teams of coordinating friends.

I’d really like to enjoy this game because the Titanfall games are such great shooters, but this is too much a departure for me. I’d prefer it if the loadouts were preset like in Overwatch.

Yep, that’s BR for you.