Apex Legends - battle royale in the Titanfall universe

Oh god that happened to me once. I liked watching speed runs of NES games, so I joined the stream of a guy speed running Megaman. It had like 2 viewers at the time (both him on different devices I assume). Shortly after I join, he pauses the game (killing his run) and says, “Hi Wallapuctus, welcome to the channel! I’m gonna put your name on this board right here whips out a whiteboard and believe me you want to be on this board…” and I quit the channel as fast as I could.

Another time I joined a stream with no viewers of a couple playing Rockband and they were really good. The guy was singing and doing guitar and the girl was playing drums. I trollishly requested a song in the chat, and they actually did it. So, I felt obligated to stick around for a while at that point. I requested more songs, they did some of them, some they declined because they didn’t know it well enough to play on expert. That was a good experience.

When I briefly forayed into streaming I made sure not to acknowledge my one viewer because, well, that is awkward. But then he sent me a nice message asking me to stream more often and to not get discouraged by the slow start, so maybe I should have talked to him.

monkaS is basically watching in horror or terror and the origin point of 90% of memes/emotes on Twitch
POGGERS is PogChamp by way of monkaS

For both of them you usually need BTTV to see them.

monkaS:
POGGERS:

Really with just LUL, PogChamp and monkaS you can understand most Twitch memes since most of them are based on those. Odds are it’s some BTTV emote that you don’t see because you don’t have it installed.

I understood maybe 92% of the words in that post.

And he didn’t even mention FFZ emotes!

Reddit clipped this:

0 votes and 148 comments so far on Reddit

Apex Battle Pass will be $10.

I’m certainly in. I’ve already spent over 100 hours and haven’t paid a dime. It’s really hard, but due to the short matches I’m finding it way less frustrating than PUBG. So far my best game was the other day. 7 kills 1k damage. Not bad for an old man.

What does the battle pass get you?

Ok did some research, poggers just means ‘awesome!~!@!@!!’.

Origin Access / EA Access is giving people 1,000 coins when they play Apex Legends.

It’s 5$ for a month if anyone wants to save a few bucks on that battlepass. Lots of cool games on there. I played way too much Opus Magnum, Mad Games Tycoon & Project Highrise.

Oh, I get it, like Play of the Game -> POTG -> POG -> Poggers and what I’m sure are many other permutations.

Etymology!

The battle pass will likely be progression systems / missions which give out more cosmetic rewards. I’ll probabl pay the $10 - the game is amazing and I haven’t paid a time yet.

Just FYI that you can get the EA Access rewards with the 7-day free trial. No need to pay the $5 if you have a trial still available.

I think I’m ready to give up on this. I can hit zipping Tracers in Overwatch, but I cannot win a single shootout in Apex, even if I catch someone completely unaware from behind.

I’m with you. I was doing ok and I think Respawn did an amazing job with this game I ultimately feel that Battle Royale games like this are not a good use of my gaming time. Now that they are introducing the Battle Pass and new legends I think the “meta” will keep shifting and I have zero interest in chasing meta or pumping more time in to such an uneven experience.

Wonderful game, just doesn’t fit my gaming interests. Uninstalled both Xbox and PC.

Gosh, it’s nice to see you type that as I felt the exact same way. This game makes me feel like an old man trying to keep up with the kiddies, I have never sucked so much in my life. I wonder what it is, as being a zero sum game some people must be extremely good at it.

I wonder if it’s a ping issue interacting with poor netcode (at least for me, being from Australia, not even sure if they have Aus servers).

Yeah, the zero skill matching is rapidly souring me on the game, sadly.

Possibly. Game uses projectiles not hitscan and this system SEVERELY handicaps players with higher ping. Check out this video from Tribes Ascend but keep in mind that lag comp and hit detection (client, server) also affect this:

I still remember how jarring it was when I switched from Frankfurt server (45 ping) to Amsterdam (65) and London (90-100). And those pings are still considered acceptable for online gaming. But it really felt like half the projectiles from SMG that I used on sniper didn’t connect at all when I played at 100 ping. They simply vanished into thin air.

Also I miss this game so much :(

That game was great until the developers decided that automatic ballistic weapons we’re the way to go for everything, completely ruining the Tribes uniqueness.

I don’t consider myself a good player. I’ll typically get 1 kill a game. That said, I usually end up being in the 4 remianing teams regularly and 60% end up as team 1 or 2. I don’t know if it’s just dumb luck or I’m good at avoiding bad combat situation. So far I’m enjoying the game. I had and epic 7 kills the other day which was amazing. I used my down teammate who was using their knock down shield as cover and took out a who squad. I wish I had been broadcasting that. It was truly awesome.

I dream of getting one kill a game.