Apex Legends - battle royale in the Titanfall universe

Sweet! More hardcore player rewards I will have zero chance of ever earning!

LOL!
Just have to play with the old folks on week day mornings.

It’s not hard to get top 5, just hide.

I did the hide strategy last night and stumbled into a win on my 2nd game. Just lucky the other squad was coming off a fight, and good positioning. I was inside the ring and the other squad had to come to me. Spray the R99 and spam arc stars.

I wish they had done something like this a month ago.

It’s pretty cool to have the carrot there to get into the Elite queue. I played earlier this week and won a game in the standard queue and then the next one in the Elite! That was cool. The basic gameplay in Apex Legends is still my favorite of just about any FPS at the moment. Only BLOPS IIII is on par with it IMO.

The little challenges they have are cool too. Pretty easy to get.

Yeah, I didn’t have much trouble with that. I think I have one to finish yet although I don’t know if I’ll have time to play til it’s over.

Ya, the one that requires 2 wins is the only one that’s tough, assuming that is the one you still have.

Season 2 Trailer. Looks like fun!

New character looks cool. Will be interesting to see what the map looks like with the repulsor array destroyed, and how the behemoths walking around will impact stuff.

I’m guessing based on the song used and selfie-taking hijinks that Respawn is targetting an audience much younger than me.

I don’t know how old you are, but most games are probably targeting an audience younger than you if that’s the attitude you have toward a trailer for a videogame.

Ranked leagues should add something… also looks like non-trivial map changes.

Yep! I was just coming to post that. I love that the highest level is Apex Predator. Maybe that’s how you get to play Titanfall 3 early?! @BrianRubin :D

Oh man, I did NOT like traditional BR such as this – I prefer much faster games like Super Animal Royale or Geneshift – but if this was a way to get into Titanfall 3, I’d force myself to play it.

This game is pretty fast. Have you played it? A winning round lasts like 15 minutes or so, typically. It really feels like Titanfall to me. The three man teamwork is great. Pinging is awesome. Love it.

I hate other BR games, but I play Apex daily.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but will the ranked mode place me with other players of a similar rank? Or is it still a free-for-all of skill?

I don’t think there are details posted yet, but yes, based on how it works with other games, one would think that if you compete in the ranked games, you would be placed in matches with others of your skill level, as presumably better players would advance to higher ranks.

Looks like they are going to have a lot more in terms of daily and weekly challenges, which seems like a good change.
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-06-30-respawn-promises-apex-legends-season-2-will-feel-way-more-rewarding

Sounds good to me!