Apple Event 9/7/16 - iPhones and Pokemons!

I love it when Jony says “aluminium”.

^^ There’s your snark, Denny.

Camera is selling me on the iPhone 7 Plus, though. I use my iPhone as a camera more than I use it as a telephone. Crazy the amount of computation necessary to simulate depth of field/bokeh on a phone, something that my $75 50mm lens does wonderfully just using natural optics.

I’ll deal with Lightning-to-headphone adapter to get the new camera. What a fail that they didn’t have the DOF feature finished in time to ship it with the phone.

Here we are, the end of the 3.5mm.

Why?

Just cuz.

Oh wait, it’s because Apple has “The courage to move on”.

It’s really annoying, because you can’t charge the device and listen to headphones at the same time. Possibly there’ll be dongles or splitters, and then you need to carry around a dongle. Screw that.

I actually do this; when I travel I charge my iPad on the phone or train, and watch movies too. If there was no headphone jack I couldn’t do that without purchasing wireless headphones.

Courage! Pushing the ability to sell a chip/get a license fee for every pair of iPhone headphones as a consumer-friendly feature? That’s courageous!

I am probably one of the biggest Apple Fans on this forum. Even I rolled my eyes on that one.

I already use bluetooth headphones. Better experience. I can see why people will miss the jack, just don’t see the big deal myself.

I often have my phone plugged into a small batterypack while listening to music on a commute.

Apple aside, wireless headphones seem like they’ve always been inevitable. As other commonly used devices go cordless, why not headphones? In several years, tech will catch up so that we have zero (or very low) latency wireless connections with audio quality as good as anything that has come before. *shrug

Not any more!

Well, unless you buy “Airpods”, with the new powerful W1 chip.

Or any of the numerous bluetooth headphones that already exist.

Pfshaw. Pfshaw, I say.

Jony told us to buy the new powerful Airpods with the new powerful W1 chip.

All things being equal, they are both heavier and sound worse while swapping never having to charge for not having a cable.

LOL. I loved the self-congratulation about their courageousness.

So use a cable?

I have bluetooth speakers, they sound great.

I can’t on the new iPhone without an adaptor that uses up the sole lightning port?

So use an adaptor? I can see it being a pain for some people. I have one pair of wired headphones I use. I will just keep the adaptor on them.

I can’t wait for the Samsung phones to follow suit.

i enjoyed these events more with Whitta-pics.