Apple Event WWDC 2019

And swipe on a keyboard… I mean, both nice features, but definitely catch up to Android.

I really want dark mode, and I’m looking forward to switching off Gboard, so both of those features are very relevant to me. I also really like the adjustable font sizes in Safari. All good stuff.

Very happy with this privacy stuff as well.

Oh, man. Email hiding is so welcomed. I hope Apple sign in is a huge success. It should be good for developers, too, if it’s that quick to sign up.

Yeah, I’m with you. I use Gboard, and it can be… weird? I will switch. And the adjustable font sizes in Safari are on a per site basis, so I can finally tweak Qt3 to be right for me. The Discourse font size setting seems to need to be reset regularly for some reason.

HomeKit Secure Video is also very interesting. I wonder if they’ll update my HomeKit compatible Logi Circle 2 to support it.

The Apple Login is amazing. I will 100% start using that.

If this memoji video were a person, I’d want to punch it.

Yeah I muted it immediately.

Yes, ignore that, and focus your rage on the fact that Apple got out of the router business and yet is touting adding its technology to other routers… AAAAARRRRRG.

Yeah I do find it weird that Apple dropped its router line just as routers started getting really cool and complicated.

Sorry, bro, we’re not going to start calling WWDC “dub dub.” Stop trying to make that happen.

(Some) people do call it DubDubDC, though.

Hmmm. That Handoff between HomePod and an iPhone is the first thing that’s made me actually want a HomePod instead of my Sonos system.

If that fits your usecase; if you often have music playing at home and want to handoff to your mobile, I can see the attraction. I don’t do that.

I have a HomePod but I usually AirPlay to it, so I don’t know how much I’d use handoff. But I do really like the speaker.

In every case, two Sonos Ones in stereo will sound far superior to a Homepod. Only get the Homepod if you’re deep in Apple’s ecosystem.

Yep, ipadOS coming now.

Looks like the story linked above is right. Multiple windows now for sure.

My setup is a single Sonos One grouped with 2 Sonos:1s which allows me to use AirPlay 2 to all of them. It’s a great sounding setup and I don’t see myself changing it.

Looks like the iPad OS rumours were true.

Craig’s sample notes amuse me.

You can plug external drives into iPads with iPadOS 13 and they are recognized in the updated Files app.

Finally. Every iPad review referenced that missing functionality. Replacing a laptop with an iPad was frankly laughable without it.

Hopefully it comes to iPhone also.

And SMB sharing!

That’s… that’s… a tapir on Craig’s iPad. Secret Qt3 fan, confirmed.