Apple September 15 2020 Event - iPad Air 4, Apple Watch - no iPhone

Yeah, just buy a Series 3 for $200. Not sure the point of the SE.

No reason to get a 6. Pretty minor update.

S3 with cellular is still gonna be $300+$10/month, and that’s ancient technology now. The smaller bezels display in the SE/S5/S6 is a big upgrade.

Pity about the blood glucose thing. That would have been truly revolutionary, you’d have insurance companies buying apple watches for like 30% of the total population.

Heh, and no power adapter. Leading up to that on the iPhone. Treating it as a “significant lasting” effort to protect the planet. Fuckers.

I instantly want to punch Jay.

I realize I am not a normal person, but I am all for that. I have started throwing chargers away, and I still keep finding them lying around. I had a dozen of the things.

Tons of filler in this. It’s very meh. A minor watch update doesn’t need all this. It’s just an infomercial.

Jay is proof there is no God.

Charger isn’t a big deal on the watch, as any 5w one will work perfectly fine. But phones and tablets really want an 18w or higher charger, and many Apple consumers don’t already own those because Apple shipped shitty 5w chargers with every phone until last year.

As a Music and iCloud subscriber, the smallest Apple One sub might be a better deal for me. Plus Apple TV has been getting better.

BUY BUY BUY

Family plan is a pretty good deal, if everybody is willing to switch from spotify. But they aren’t.

That bastard Jay’s fitness+ thing is a great deal, if it turns out people really want to work out on their screens. Peloton suggests they might, even pre-pandemic.

Why on earth is the original Apple Pencil still around??

Only the iPad Pros can charge the second-gen pencil. And possibly the new Air, we’ll see in about 60 seconds.

Edit: Yeah, it can use the 2nd gen pencil. New Air looks neat, like the Pro with slightly larger bezels, touchID rather than faceID, and no 120Hz display. Hopefully the new iPhones have this touchID also, faceID sucks in covidtimes.

I’m not really sure why they need three different iPad SKUs.

iPad
iPad Air
iPad Pro

I’m not sure who the iPad Pro is for now.

PS - iPhone 12 won’t have the new touchID, which sucks. I’d love to be able to enable any combination or all of FaceID, touchID, and passcode options to unlock it.

Yeah rumors say it won’t. I hope they’re wrong, though.

iPad = cheap as chips, buy it for your kids
iPad Air = what you’re actually gonna buy for yourself
iPad Pro = Screw it, gotta have the best. $800 for a tablet is nothing compared to my coke habit!

And yeah, please make everything USB-C. Lightning needs to die.

Yeah, I think that breakdown is correct, but it seems like a bad move for Apple. I might have bought a new iPad Pro, but now I know I can just buy the Air and it’s fine for me.

Whatevs, spending less is good!

In the close-up of that iPad Air, the bezels really do look pretty chunky compared to my 11" Pro. (I gave up on the yayo.)

Ahhhh and it comes with a 20w charger plug. Good.

Plus the Pro is 120hz screen, which I kind of love. The Air doesn’t have that, correct?

Probably twice as much RAM too, which is a huge improvement over a regular iPad.

Right, no 120Hz screen. I love that too, but is it worth $200? I dunno.

RAM might be worthwhile, depending on the difference.

iOS updates tomorrow…they aren’t ready.

Wow. iOS 14 debuts tomorrow without a corresponding iPhone announcement.

Yes, iOS14 is required to use WatchOS 7.

Wow, that was boring. Didn’t cost me a penny though.

Yep, no money being spent today!