Apple TV+: Invasion

Calcified burn is what i meant.

Not bad. It’s more like a zombie movie actually. The focus is on how people navigate the breakdown of society. Similar to War of the worlds (2019, StudioCanal)

If the show keeps going this way I’m pretty sure it’s just showing us the end of the world. There’s gonna be no plucky underdogs saving the human race.

Well a zombie movie that is 3 hours long and shows a single zombie for five seconds, and the zombie just stands there. And the stories of humanity are ridiculously caricatured but also lacking in any depth of character.

I guess the writers want us to hate all the characters in the show. It’s working for me.

It’s also weird that apparently nobody in this alien invasion show has ever seen an alien invasion movie or read a book about alien invasions.

Watched the most recent episode, a little odd that most of the characters are figuring out an invasion is going on, elsewhere.

We apparently dont get to see the invasion first hand, just the after-effects of it.

I figured Aneesha went along with the soldiers to get food and find out what was actually happening in the world, but she seems to have settled in, and forgotten about her kids, wtf?!

They just killed off Sam Niels character, i really for the life of me can’t figure out what the story’s center is supposed to be. it’s not about characters thrown into the deep end of the invasion and trying to convince an apathetic government about the unlikely reality of an alien invasion (like Sam Niels story arc suggested).

It seems it’s mostly random cliched stories about life with a dash of deus ex machina events complicating said normal life. Throw in a healthy dose of absurd behaviors/actions by the characters, for some silly reason…

This bothered me the most. She’s supposed to be this strong, intelligent woman who cares deeply for her kids, but suddenly she forgets about them and goes into a brain fog? No way in hell would the woman from the first couple episodes let herself get dragged off to some other location away from her kids.

I dunno she is a doctor… I am feeling that this show is slightly better. Or rather getting a bit better.

Plus the Japanese Space agency cuts are still ok. The lord of the flies cuts are just dumb. The Lone soldier in Afghanistan is just … sorta crazy. And I can buy the doctor confused and wandering around. Well, almost.

Let’s give it 20 or so episodes (at this rate) and see if we’ll see some aliens.

(lol i know we sorta saw one)

I hope all the kids die. Specially the twerp. But this is American tv so kids never die

You guys know all the jokes on how COVID response means all the zombie movie ppl act realistically? This is pretty much the show, everyone makes dumb decisions all the time.

I’d be willing to bet that the director is a huge fan of Jaws, because this show takes the whole “hide the monster so people’s imaginations make it more scary” thing to the extreme.

And yeah, pretty much everyone is making terrible choices. Including the mom who jumps out of the truck and decides she’s going to run back to the house - how in the world does she even know where she is, much less how to get back to the house, and is she some sort of marathon runner?

Very frustrating show. I guess I’m hate watching it now.

I’m actually “watching” the dark scene in the house now. There’s really nothing to watch so I might as well thrawl forums

I watched the first two episodes, but could not handle the dialog and the majority of the performances. Did they spend the budget on Sam Neil and put an ad in the paper for actors and screenwriters? There’s a lot of middling stuff on streaming services, but this just seemed like something assembled from pieces of about 10 other shows with each done poorly and equaling less than the sum of its parts.

Apparently the aliens are everywhere except where the show’s cameras are.

Right? I mean, if it was the Cloverfield treatment of them, it could be good, but Invasion is not that.

After the two episodes I watched with my daughter, I decided I’d only keep going if she really wanted to. She has yet to mention it again.

So I guess this was a 10-hour trailer for another show? What a waste of time.

I was hate watching this but I just didn’t have the stamina. What a pile of crap.

So…any synopsis? I gave up about half way thru the first ep. I couldn’t even muster a good hate watch.

It was a show about four people watching an alien invasion, then it ends.

Correction
It was a show about four people watching an alien invasion nearly entirely off-screen, then it ends. The end has some aspects occur on screen, but nothing that rises to drama, action, or you know…an alien invasion.

The invasion ends, or does it? Looks like the invasion might be back on in the season finale, but who cares…another 10 hours of faux drama, limp action, and very possibly the least alien invasion in a show about alien invasion ever made…

Was that not the final episode?

final episode? I thought its a series and the end was a teaser of next season. yes just confirmed another season coming of alien cough cough invasion and heaps of luke warm piss being called a story. Im SOO mad at the wasted premise!