Apple Watch - how durable is that Alu body?

These are contradictory statements to me. I would have to get a new watch if that happened to mine. :)

I have a Series 2 that’s I’ve worn daily for 14 months. There are no dings or scratches. It looks like new. I don’t use a screen protector.

I have to hold it at a very specific angle with good lighting to even notice it.

As a professional comedian, I must be left unfettered by such considerations to best hone my craft. I accept your criticism as to the quality of the joke, but not the context and subject-matter, sirrah.

I’m not going to lecture you about it further because we are not at BF, but you — and everyone who read it — know I am right.

I don’t even get the joke, as I am only vaguely aware of Grindr, and have no idea of how that ties in with the BBC.

It’s pretty complicated, so let me catch you up. Grindr is a gay hookup app and BBC stands for “big black cock”.

Actually, not all that complicated.

Ah! Well then, all clear now. Thanks.
Although Big Black Clock would be more appropriate.

Aha! See now that’s the sort of constructive criticism I can actually use. My bon mot would have been jaw-splittingly hilarious had I thought of that.

Hey Habibi, you must be a hit on Grindr with your big black clock!

Yeah, too late now. And what are the odds anyone else is going to set me up by taking about having a giant black brick in their hands and pants in a thread about watches?

There’s a horology joke in there too somewhere, I just know it.

Do we seriously need to derail this topic in this manner?

I never would have imagined I’d think about muting a thread about a smart watch in this manner.

Introspection, baby. Introspection. That’s where it’s at. Look deep inside yourself and then recoil in horror at what you’ve seen – or as I like to call it, “Monday”.

fortunately I am not gay, but yeah I’d imagine I will be a hit in Girndr with the “BBC” … ooo, and Apple just release a Product Red iPhone 8 Plus (in black too!) … a BBC in red ! That will boost up my popularity!

But yeah, let’s get back to topic… and so the wife have ordered me a Nike+ BBC!

Purple is more traditional, but I’m sure it’ll do the trick. Grats on your new chronometer!

I received the Nike+ Apple Watch… oh, it’s so nice. Really digging the anthracite watch band and the nice thing is that Apple put in a shorter band for people with smaller wrist. How thoughtful! The Watch case feels solid enough and I am loving how one could just swipe the face of the watch to change watch face - which means, in theory, I could have the same watch face but different complication to show different stuff depending on mood - up for some music, swipe to the Music watch face which is showing Now Playing, Music and Radio complication. In office and needed something serious - swipe swipe for Mail, Calendar, Messages complication in another watch face… brilliant, really. And much more convenient as compared to the Pebble. Pretty happy overall … will bring it for a swim in the pool this weekend :)

I love my Apple Watch, but for a “smart” watch, sometimes it’s quite dumb:

1. Doesn’t know I’ve standing at a standing desk all morning. Still tells me it’s time to stand up.
  2. At the gym, you have to manually tell the watch you’re done working out even when it’s obvious. You can be driving down the freeway on your way home from the gym, Apple Watch still recording “indoor run”.
  3. If you sleep with the watch on and forget to set “do not disturb”, it will gladly wake you up and remind you it’s time to stand up. That’s a lovely “feature” to discover at 2:50AM.

This has been a pet peeve of mine since it was released. In ads they show people standing at their desk to clear it. That will never count, you have to walk around. I can be moving around the kitchen for an hour and that won’t even count.

Which is fine I guess, just don’t call it “stand”.