Apple WWDC 2017 - Leaks, Keynote and Other Info

It’s not what pro users actually want, but it may pull a few of them back from defecting to windows.

She’s dead, Lee.

Well they did say earlier this year that they are working on a new Mac Pro for a 2018/9. Guess this iMac will hold until then.

Nobody, nobody, used iMessage apps other than stickers. This is another shot at that.

Even stickers were a quick fad. But that drawer should help.

Apple Pay for person to person! WHOO. So cool. Hope my bank supports it. Apple Pay cash card?! Yeah, that’s not coming to Canada anytime soon.

Inevitable idea, but restricting it to the apple ecosystem is a real problem. They need to make an apple pay app for android.

Regarding voice synthesis, this has come a long way in the past couple of years. They’re largely past the uncanny valley there. Baidu is doing some groundbreaking research on that front.

http://research.baidu.com/deep-voice-2-multi-speaker-neural-text-speech/

OK. That built in Siri translation is incredible. I didn’t realize I wanted it until I saw it.

Apple Pay needs to be accepted in more places for it really matter to me. I love it, but almost no place I shop accepts it.

Come to Canada. It’s pretty much universally accepted.

Works everywhere in NYC. You just look for the little wifi icon and it will work. Android Pay uses the same infrastructure. Which is why they should basically be interoperable.

I know, but here in WA most places just don’t accept it. Maybe it’s just where I shop? Albertson’s, where I shop for groceries for instance, had it and then when they got the new chip readers they turned it off. I think places want to track you with your credit card, so don’t like it.

To be honest I kind of hate physical volume buttons. I probably hit them accidentally over 90% of the time they get pressed.

But there have been volume sliders in control center forever.

There is actually an insane amount of content today, and it’s coming awfully fast.

I had to run out to pick up my daughter from school, and I feel like I missed a year’s worth of content.

I came back just in time to see the new iPad Pro.

The 10.5 inch pro appears! 120Hz display…interesting…and it’s dynamic to 24/48/etc, so it can save energy.

Speakers got to be #6, right?

I think so. And it would tie together with the Airplay 2 support they mentioned earlier. I conspicuously did not see Sonos or Amazon on the slide of companies that support it.

512 GB storage. Sold! Correction, 512 GB storage and drag and drop. Sold!