Apple WWDC 2017 - Leaks, Keynote and Other Info

I was wondering how much storage I could possibly need. My current ipad air 1 has 32G and I’m mostly fine…but I could see future proofing with 256G.

EDIT: Opps, Files. Ok, then I can completely see having more storage.

These new iOS 11 iPad features are pretty cool. Flicking on keys to access number and symbols is exactly what someone was complaining about in another thread.

I wonder if you can copy files from a PC into a local folder in the “Files” app on the iPad Pro. The iTunes uploading remains a painful experience if that is not addressed.

iOS 11 looks like it is making it the closest to a laptop replacement yet. Very impressive. I want a new Pro…but really don’t need one.

If there was a WWDC drinking game, the person who got the phrase “machine learning” would be comatose right now.

HomePod, really??

HomePod is an awful name. At least on first listen.

Poor Sonos. Although on reflection, what are the odds that HomePod works with other music services besides Apple Music? We shall soon see…

I would bet money it is Apple Music only.

So far, yep. He’s on about the “musicologist” but so far just making mention of Apple Music.

Homepod pricing is pretty ridiculous. People don’t want to pay more for great sound quality. I have a bunch of friends who use echo dots to listen to music.

Wow, shipping in December and they announced it now. That’s really long lead for Apple.

I do, my biggest complaint about the Echo is sound quality. Gladly pay $350 for a great sounding speaker that works with my phone. Will be preordering as soon as I can.

Sheeet, man. The #1 music source is still YouTube and people straight up just pipe it from their phones to a cheapo $20 Bluetooth speaker or into their ears via $10 buds. Premium sound quality is not a thing to most consumers.

Yes thanks, obviously some people will buy it. It’s just not a mass-market product at that price.

Umm, it’s Apple, what did you expect?

Apple is not Amazon. They are not interested in a race to the bottom to capture marketshare. There is obviously a big enough market for Sonos to be selling tons of $300-$500+ home speakers, and I’m sure Apple has tons of data telling them how many people are accessing those speakers with iOS devices. I bet it’s a lot.

It’s not a game changer like the iPhone.

Weird that it’s available in the US, UK, and Australia. But not Canada. So strange, since I can just pop across the border to buy one if I really want. I won’t though, until my 2 years of free Spotify is up (part of a cell phone plan I signed up for).

That’s a great argument except the Echo was a game-changer. Not iPhone scale certainly, but similarly Amazon created a whole new category and then proceeded to absolutely dominate it.

You forgot multitasking. 256 is fine for me. That’s twice what I currently have.

Will probably get homepod for my wife for Christmas.

Thank you, Apple, for finally inventing a way to listen to music in our homes.

Sonos had better get that Amazon Alexa support shipped real quick now.

No concrete info on how the new MacBooks improve anything, besides naming the new processors and updated GPU. Probably because they “dated” the Touch Bar Mac Pros in record time. (Also, pretty much confirmed by omission that the MacBook Air is dead, probably replaced by the $1,299 Pro.)

Yeah, the annoying thing is that many business-class notebooks in the MacBook Pro price class come with 3 year warranties out of the box. (Dell Latitude, for instance, even the models at half the price.) But that’s Apple. Luckily as I sit and look at my third iPad Pro 12.9 and my son’s 5th pair of earbuds, I know AppleCare isn’t 100% profit for them.

Sonos? Heck, right now you can get two Sonos:1s for $348. My Sonos:3 sounds amazing, and it’s worked with my phone for years. :)