Apple WWDC 2017 - Leaks, Keynote and Other Info

I would be downright shocked if that was the case. Every other Amazon Video app plays purchased content. I wouldn’t worry about it.

@stusser Which Nvidia parts would you say that the Radeon Pro 560 (MacBook) and 580 (iMac) would most closely compare with, respectively?

Assuming they’re the same as the desktop GPUs, the 560 should be a bit slower than a GTX 1050 (non-ti) and the 580 a bit faster than a GTX 1060.

So the 560 is a perfectly capable 1080p gaming card, and the 580 should smoke any 1080p game but not max out 1440p.

thanks!

Note I was talking about Windows there-- gaming performance in MacOS is substantially slower. So you’d need to reboot with bootcamp.

Not with Metal 2! (Joking)

For size comparison of iPads. Body on left, screen on right:

For reference, wumpus’s epeen is the post-block surrounding that image, while Qualcomm’s epeen is the dot on the second “i” in Mini.

This is why likes need to come back on the 15th!

Why does that graphic appear to show the iPad Mini and iPad 9.7" have the same size screen?

Huh, dunno, that does seem wrong.

It’s resolution on the right, not physical screen size, and they do have different ppi.

iPad 9.7: 2048-by-1536-pixel resolution at 264 ppi

iPad Mini: 2048-by-1536 resolution at 326 pixels per inch (ppi)

Oh aha I did not realize the 10.5" iPad actually had a higher resolution screen in pixels! What’s the x-by-y for it?

12.9" ipad pro is so great. One of my favorite tech purchases forever, and it’ll likely have utility for reading or streaming video for the rest of my life

2224-by-1668 resolution at 264 pixels per inch (ppi)

Ok cool:

iPad 9.7" → 2048 × 1536 (264 ppi)
iPad 10.5" → 2224 × 1668 (264 ppi)
iPad Mini → 2048 × 1536 (326 ppi)

I don’t think the iPad mini is long for this world, though…

Clearly not. With larger phones, people just aren’t interested in 7-8" tablets these days.

I really enjoyed my old Nexus 7, but a great deal of its appeal was its price. The iPad mini was never inexpensive.

Which is a shame, because an iPad mini pro, with pencil support, would be a cool device. I know damn sure my wife would get one.

Same here. It’s a great mobile writing platform as well.

Yeah, and I’d hate to see you guys who say a 12.9" iPad Pro is only usable at a desk try to lift a hammer or something.

I read magazines, Pocket saves, and comics (and play Star Realms) in a recliner or in bed on the 12.9 all the time. It’s not light like my Kindle, but if you rest it on something, it’s perfectly usable. And that glorious, huge screen is awesome.

Doesn’t look like the new one offers enough incentive to upgrade, though the tweaks are nice.