Apple WWDC 2018 Announcements

More often a playstation, but that doesn’t really address the point.

The ones on podcasts or twitter I see, like Jon Siracusa, are console gamers. Others use bootcamp. Nerds like me own both (but because of Excel as well) My point is more that if someone really cares about playing Bioshock 5 years from now, they probably already have a PC. People play games on Macs, but I don’t think anyone buys a Mac to game.

Still sucks that Apple is yet again screwing up with gaming, but from what little I know, they were already barely supporting Open GL. I think people are disposinted more than surprised. Except the Legowarrior types who are screaming Apple sucks because of this.

It’s not just gaming, though. I think Blender on the Mac uses OpenGL. Although, I’m not sure how long “deprecated” will hang around. OpenGL on the Mac is a very old version, though.

I do my real stuff on an iMac. My PCs are life support systems for Steam

This. The only reason I own a desktop and laptop is for gaming purposes at home and on the road. Well, Excel is also much better in Windows but I can live with it in OSX. If Apple seriously supported gaming I would no longer need my Windows machines.