Apple

You have the PC or MAC version? I have been told by more than one person that the PC version isn’t worth it, while the MAC version is the best thing ever, etc.[/quote]

Haven’t owned a Mac since the Apple IIC so that limits my options. :D The iPod is the first Apple hardware I’ve gotten since then, so I guess I’m one of the few PC iPod owners who wouldn’t get separated from his iPod.

I’m pretty sure Jeff likes his Nomad Zen.

Haven’t owned a Mac since the Apple IIC so that limits my options. :D The iPod is the first Apple hardware I’ve gotten since then,

So you don’t hate the Musicmatch software?

I’ll stand up also. I’m a hugh Mac fan from 1986 and use to work with Apple on there higher education accounts. These days I use my Imac for serious work and the Pc for games.

I do hate MusicMatch, and grabbed the free EphPod app instead. Media Center 9 is supposed to be cool too, but I haven’t tried it.

Is the MusicMatch the main complaint? My hate for the MusicMatch doesn’t negate my love of the iPod itself…

I like that it’s Unix (I hate Windows’ command shell), but that’s about it. Unix with a big one-button mouse is kind of pathetic, and the “Aqua” theme doesn’t appeal to me.

I would like an alternative to Windows, but we’re caught in a Nash equilibrium so it probably won’t happen.

Why pay for an overpriced piece of yuppie-days of yore? Just slap on your penny-loafers and wrap that sexy sweater around your neck. Chip said he’d meet you at the yacht club.

If you can’t stand Windows, just use Linux. It makes you feel like you’re not using a PC. And chances are if you’re geeky enough to want to buy a Mac, you can figure out Linux. Or, be like the rest of the sane world and put up with Windows’ quirks.

Pretty much any USB mouse will work with multiple buttons and scroll wheel out of the box. I currently use a Logitech MX500 on MacOS X 10.2.

You can also theme the GUI if you don’t like Aqua, though it’s unsupported. It’s a matter of opinion, but I don’t think it’s any more garish than, say, the Windows XP GUI. Especially if you use the more toned-down graphite look…

Diego

They did, actually; just many many years later. I want to say late Eightiesish. Of course, by that time Bard’s Tale, Might and Magic, and the SSI Gold Box games had all come out, so it was a little dated, for lack of better terms.

Linux: the only mainstream OS with less games than the Mac. Variations on Tux Racer, Tetris, and Breakout do not count.

WHAT?! There are more games than just Tux Racer?

That’s what I did, basically. I mean, then again, you have to understand that all I do is play games, so it kinda simplifies things.

WHAT?! There are more games than just Tux Racer?[/quote]

Not many. I think I own most of them. Alpha Centauri and Jagged Alliance 2 are the only ones that stand out in my memory, and of course I have them for the PC as well…