April 1st: wallet threat level green

Title April 1st: wallet threat level green
Author Tom Chick
Posted in Features
When April 1, 2013

For an April Fool's Day joke, I considered pretending that Super Black Bass 3D for the Nintendo 3DS, out this week, is an awesome game. But I've never been able to pull off April Fool's pranks..

Read the full article

I can't believe you passed up an opportunity to write a five star review for Super Black Bass. That could have been epic.

Honestly, I think Sang-Froid looks like is has the potential to be fantastic.

Sadly, it also looks like it has the potential to be utterly terrible.

Is "Definance" some sort of online economic simulator?

Ha ha, I got you! April Fool's!

Frankly, it was a typo that I liked too much to correct. I've been playing a few cyberpunk games lately, and "Definance" sounds like a special cyberpower you can use against your opponent.

Some podcast I listen to had at least one regular who was in love with the original Super Black Bass, so...maybe it's good? If you're into bass?

I see what you did there.

I'm going to assume that Rifts is also a typo on purpose. I mean, there is an rpg named Rifts but it's not by Trion.

Nope, that one was a genuine mistake! Thanks for the correction. You'd think it would be called Rifts, plural, since the game is lousy with them.

I can safely say that it leans much closer to the fantastic than the terrible! This thing is really cool!

The Borderlands 2 Season pass is probably the first season pass that I have not become fatigued by as time goes on. Looking forward to blasting through the super badass difficulty with my borderlands crew!

Eager to read your review, Mr. Chick!

I thought your Bioshock Infinite review was the April Fools joke