April Fools 2023 links n' whatnot can go in here should you be so inclined, ideally of at least a modicrum of interest to others than your own self (But we all know the REAL treasure was the friends we made along the way)

You can! It’s available year round from the theme selection drop down.

6 Likes

ALL THE LIKES TO YOU

4 Likes

Now imagine trying to read that with a raging headache caused by some combination of travel and adjusting to 8500’ elevation.

Thankfully my Android phone is unaffected by the font so I can continue to use that.

3 Likes

I too feel blessed by this.

3 Likes

With a leafblower in hand, Elon Musk arrived at Valve headquarters today, commenting that he’s there to “blow off some steam”! For a grand total of 7,8 billion dollars, Musk bought up Valve last night…

• I’m not going to translate the whole page, if you’re curious you can run it through the google ;)
3 Likes

Am I going to need to subscribe to access my backlog now?

4 Likes

That is not a joke, that is a horror scenario

8 Likes

No, of course not.

But only the steam controller is supported for free, you will need to sub if you want to use M+K or any other control scheme.

4 Likes

Without Steam Pro, every game that has been in your library for over 7 years but you have never installed will be marked as “expired” and require re-purchase.

3 Likes

German horror story.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Huh. I’m not on iOS but I’ve never bothered to change the font. What’s unusable about it? The size? The “sans serif-ness”?

EDIT: Oh never mind – now I’ve seen the screenshots. For some reason Android phones are unaffected this year!

1 Like

On the MSFS front, F7 Simulations released a free study-level Box S100. Particularly nice job representing the proper sheen of the Scotch Tape used on this particular aircraft.

The screenshot I lifted from Discord of the Got Friends April Fools '23
aircraft didn’t do it justice. The level of detail here is better than some of the payware planes I’ve purchased.

Notice the quarters and coin slot. You have to refuel in mid-air for longer flights. Unless Mom says it’s time to go home.

2 Likes

So are those things that are actually in the game now, or can be modded in, or are those mashups/composites? I mean, obviously they’d have to suspend the flight model to make them move through the virtual air, but it would be a kick.

1 Like

Isn’t he “Seith Efrican”? Anyway, my nightmare is that Steam/Valve get bought by some public company accountable to the stock market, because those “pay to store your games” fees would be announced within weeks if that happened. Absotively, posilutely no question.

1 Like

Well, the actual post is in German…

1 Like

…but yes, I am Seith Efrican!

1 Like
1 Like

Those are free add-ons you can copy to your Community folder. My post has links to the downloads.

Another contender for the winner, Redwing Simulations released a free Citroën DS for Microsoft Flight Simulator.

“Oh, this is cool,” I think, "might be fun for driving around my area and seeing the post-nuclear-looking photogrammetry from ground level.

Oh, wait, what do these buttons and switches on the dashboard do?

“Activate rockets,” huh?

Apparently the flying Citroen appeared in a French James Bond knockoff called “Fantomas se Déchaîne” in 1965…

2 Likes
1 Like