April Fools 2023 links n' whatnot can go in here should you be so inclined, ideally of at least a modicrum of interest to others than your own self (But we all know the REAL treasure was the friends we made along the way)

Those are free add-ons you can copy to your Community folder. My post has links to the downloads.

Another contender for the winner, Redwing Simulations released a free Citroën DS for Microsoft Flight Simulator.

“Oh, this is cool,” I think, "might be fun for driving around my area and seeing the post-nuclear-looking photogrammetry from ground level.

Oh, wait, what do these buttons and switches on the dashboard do?

“Activate rockets,” huh?

Apparently the flying Citroen appeared in a French James Bond knockoff called “Fantomas se Déchaîne” in 1965…

2 Likes
1 Like

Jesus. I have so many mini-discs full of music. I still have a working

And I have absolutely no reason for it! I’m a hoarder. Maybe that’s it.

I will sell you the disc player and several other special things. Until midnight.

Wait. This was supposed to go in the I’m Drunk thread.

Or the other one. Shit. The new bag is amazing.

I was not here.

I was never here.

And surprise?

Neither were

2 Likes

Sacré bleu! It’s the French Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!

But seriously, the Citroen DS was the coolest looking car. Minus the extra thing under the body to accommodate the wings, though.

1 Like

Well, I meant Elon Musk, but good to know! :-)

1 Like

Da hast du recht! (You’re right on that score.)

1 Like

I fucking loved mini discs and bought a bunch of stuff when they were dying out like a backup player. Eventually I moved on to an iPod touch begrudgingly.

1 Like

I imported so many progressively thinner MD recorders and players. Materials and build quality on that shit was amazing.

1 Like

This was the best gag I saw for today

4 Likes

Good car review I came across today:

3 Likes
1 Like

“Real-Time Depression”

2 Likes

Figured, but thought it was a fun coincidence though!

1 Like

This one’s actually funny!

Oh thank the prophets, our long national nightmare that is April Fools has passed once again.

Now that the options are back, you’re looking for “Purploid Rain.” All the lovely purple, but none of the comic sans.

Purploid Rain and Got the Blues are both pretty soothing.

Always use Got the Blues. But that purple without the Comic Sans is enticing.

I use Solarized Dark myself, but the purple is definitely also an attractive option.

If @stusser could add a teeny bit of custom css to it, it’d be perfect:

#site-logo {
  filter: hue-rotate(50deg);
}