Are ewoks indigenous to Yavin?

Okay, indulge me here for a moment. I was having a conversation with @Brooski about whether ewoks were one of Yavin’s native species, or if they arrived from somewhere else. Is there anything in the movies that supports one theory over the other?

Also, this:

-Tom

This is some excellent May 4th trolling!

This is answered near the end of the Star Wars Christmas Special, but in kind of a roundabout way… You have to watch the whole thing to really get it.

Kirk dumped all the tribbles on some forest planet…

Aw, you beat me to trolling you. I remember talking my mom into taking me and a friend to go see Aliens in theaters and I cracked up at the “Did IQs drop sharply while I was away?” line. Still amuses me.

I mean, ultimately, based on what we know now, everything always arrived from somewhere else.

My iron is your former star.

Hey, let’s get this straight. It was the Klingons, because Scotty dumped all the tribbles on their ship. So now we’ve established it: The Ewoks are indigenous to Yavin, because they were descended from the tribbles who came from off world, because they were dumped there by the Klingons.

I feel like you guys aren’t even trying to answer my question. It’s perfectly legitimate to ask if ewoks are indigenous to Yavin!

-Tom

Everything on Yavin wants to eat your eyes for jujubes.

I thought the planet was Yavin and the forest moon was Endor, hence The Battle For Endor:

So, no, they’re indigenous to Endor, not Yavin, but, more importantly, is Wilford Brimley indigenous to Endor?

janine

Woo-hoo!

Buncha nerds all up in here who probably even know wookiee is spelled with two e’s and not a one of you could rise to the occasion before @kentdog? Who you should follow on Twitch, by the way. He wears a funny hat and plays super old games.

Anyway, now that this ewok business is out of the way, one of my favorite things in that Aliens clip is the guy reaching for his papers from outside the frame:

All%20of%20this%20bullshit%20that%20you%20think%20is%20so%20important

He deserves some sort of best supporting actor award for his commitment to prop paperwork.

-Tom

How long did it take to print a single page in the 1980s?

Well something with quills and monks and stuff… I’d say a week or two?

I saved some of my 7th grade homework from back then:

My 4-yo self remembers this as being an totally awesome movie.