Are Maximum PC and CPU magazine dead?

I recall seeing some issues at the beginning of this year and last year (CPU was more advertorial at the local PC store) but don’t see them anymore after the COVID-19 pandemic started.

I think PC Gamer remains the last one standing of any sort of tech magazine in print form.

Maximum PC is still putting out issues. image

I still get Maximum PC delivered.

ah. thanks. they have not updated their online presence since 04/2020.

My “favorite” scheme of theirs is to send me an e-mail telling me all about what’ sin their next magazine so I wait with even more anticipation for it. I just like to hold magazines once in awhile when I read, and techie stuff seems fun for that.

CPU has been all advertorial for years now.

Maximum PC, I believe, is a repackaging of the UK edition, like PC Gamer. I don’t think Future has offices in the US anymore.

I don’t think there is a UK version. The closest to the Maximum PC in the UK would be Custom PC.

I have subscriptions to both and have never noticed a real overlap of actual content.

Interesting! Would be awesome to know there are Americans working on a paper-printed technology magazine somewhere still. :)

If resub directly, and I have, is via the UK site because they’re isn’t another one. They of course messed up the account when I did that too when it was never a problem before.

The campus book store I work at no longer sells any magazines, period. In the evening I may have 2 customers per hour.