Are we breeding civil, substantive racists and misogynists?

I don’t think it’s surprising at all that he might engage pleasantly with a friend who is of his favorite race and the appropriate culture.

Math is hard.

-Tom

I’ve said for years that this whole “Trump isn’t racist, he just USES racism” take is terrible.

I wasn’t sure at first either, during his campaign.

This want to redefine these terms though, to keep friends, family, co-workers from getting these labels and the fact it’s done way more by one group than others, that’s been years in the making, and it’s subtle.

So the answer to @wumpus question is, yes, from a variety angels we are.

His public posting statistics (for his first 400 posts, anyway), and his job title, say otherwise.

The reason I bring it up is because there should be a picture of this guy next to the “posting in bad faith” definition in the dictionary. It’s the literal definition.

When people post here they’re assuming they are dealing with a gamer that has some opinions, as we all do, not a professional political extremist.

I didn’t think that he was posting here in a professional capacity. I’d always thought that he was here to experiment and practice different ways to push a right wing agenda, a skill that would be very handy for his job. In the wake of the crying about ‘civility’, it is interesting that he was attempting to be the most civil member of the board before it became an issue. It’s almost like there’s a playbook. ‘Let’s be polite and then make a fuss over how uncivil they are when they complain about our horrible acts’.
Gman was never here to talk about things or to understand or explain. He was not here to be a member of the community. He was here to obfuscate and to improve his ability to obfuscate.

In the interest of being more precise:

The part you put in italics is incorrect. I’m not sure where you got that idea, but certainly not from anything I said or anything he wrote. I also don’t think he’s stated his actual job title, but I’ve seen the work he does and it’s not as insidious as some people are assuming.

That said, I agree with the substance of what you guys are saying here. I just wanted to correct something that was being stated as a fact that is, in fact, not a fact.

-Tom