Are you good enough at Twilight Struggle to enter a tournament?

Good to know. I’ll definitely get the Android build, since I’ll have the Nexus 7 with me when I travel next week.

Look at the bright side: such enlightening defeats those will be!
So much to learn, those are exciting days for us fodder!

@Infested_terran / Groovechamp - Looks like we are matched! I have all the Turn Zero stuff if you want to play that? (always happy to omit the alternate space race though, if you liked). Up to you - send a game challenge to Cattlesquat with whatever appropriate settings. :-)

Participants, especially in the first round let me know within 24 hours if you have any issue connecting with your round 1 opponent.

It would also be nice to know once the game is underway. It will then be marked with a blue border on challonge.

@CraigM – I’m a real life friend of @tcgamer and he’s had something urgent come up. So he’ll contact you in a few days to start the game.

Thanks for the heads up!

Also if he is your real life friend, and you are one of the best players here, by the transitive property that must also mean that he is one of the best players here. Ergo: the late start won’t matter, because he’ll win by turn 2 ;)

tgb vs. Borges is on.

Well, unfortunately, I am either blind or my name got dropped at some point. So, well, I guess the mighty ocean won’t wave again. Don’t worry, I’m cool with this. If a player drops out, I can fill in for them. Other than that, have fun and get the other guy to end the world!

Ugh, sorry about that, @Greatatlantic I think it’s likely we will have someone drop out with 24 players.

My game with @Left_Empty is underway. He is US and scored ME on the Headline, I headlined Soc Govts and then couped Italy with COMECON for +1 Sov influence.

Sorry about the delay, @rho21! I have a busy couple of days ahead, but will definitely get moving on our game by the beginning of next week.

Accepted the game with DSTONE112…so I guess we are good to go.

Will try and play the game this weekend if he(she) has time to play with the different time zones.

Got ramdomized to be the US player…NEVER played as the US player…always picked the commies…better play some offline US games. Also, I have the worst starting hand of all time. I can see myself down by 10 points after the first round. UGH.

No worries. Your clock is running though, so I hope we’re in compatible time zones for finishing this quickly. :)

Just checking to see if there are any issues getting the following games started:

@gumers vs @tylertoo
@Berbatov vs @ForzaA (I know ForzaA is a new Qt3 member so you may need to direct message, Berbatov)
@jeromeymartin vs @DoggieMon
@Chappers vs @Grunden

We have our game started.

Waiting on US Setup decision.

Syzygy (USSR) over @SadleyBradley (US) by victory point track in Turn 4.

Thanks for the game and good luck in the rest of your matches, SadleyBradley!

@Syzygy and I had some of our free time align, so we were able to get from the end of Turn 1 to the beginning of Turn 4 over a relatively short time. Unfortunately, this is what I was faced with at the beginning of Turn 4:

A hand full of scoring cards for regions that I was out-influenced in, and some pretty bad Russian events. And Syzygy headlined Lone Gunman, so he saw the exact same thing I did.

I did some math, but it didn’t take long to figure out that I was boned.

Getting stomped was a great learning experience, though! I’m excited for the next round.

Thanks Syzygy! And good luck to you as well.

Wow…4 in one turn…most I’ve ever had is 2 in about 15 games I’ve played…crazy.

That’s brutal @SadleyBradley

I mean I could almost squint and figure out a way to mitigate some of that but the fact that you have 4 scoring cards? Yikes. Playing Lone Gunman in headline too? Just means that @Syzygy knows how hosed you are. The best you could do would be play Asia or Middle East before he is able to dominate them, but I see no way of you doing anything he couldn’t counter.

*I’d be real curious for the pros here to let me know if this is indeed a correct reading, or if there is some crazy trick you could see.