Are you good enough at Twilight Struggle to enter a tournament?

That’s right, the game didn’t finish.

@TwilightStruggleTournament particpants-- the final result for round 3 has been entered.

Round 4 has been automatically seeded and you can check for your opponent in the Challonge bracket:
http://challonge.com/qt3ts2017jan

Please finish Round 3 by April 9 at the latest.

Requests:

1. Please let me know when the game is underway so I know that I don’t need to follow up and make sure you are aware
  2. When you report an official result, please bold the result so that I can track it more easily in the rest of the thread

invite sent to @Infested_terran .

Invite sent to greatatlantic

Invite sent to @DoggieMon.

Edit: also, for info, this weekend seems to be one of those weekends off where the Playdek employees tasked to send personal e-mails about our turns are not at their desk.

Hi Syzygy are you okay starting on Monday?

Game on with spacerumsfeld.

And invite sent to @ForzaA

tcgamer invite sent.

Invite sent to @SadleyBradley.

I’m having some trouble getting Twilight Struggle to run (through Steam) - LOOKS to be some sort of Steam issue, but not 100% sure. Can confirm I have the invite (sitting right there in my email) but unable to act upon it for the time being.

Brian, yes, let’s start when you return from vacation.

Also I’d love to do Turn 0!

I had this same issue tonight - said exe was locked or corrupted or something. Resolved it by deleting the exe, uninstalling the game, then reinstalling it.

So, my Twilight Struggle now works, but this is kinda concerning - I’ve heard from other people who have had this problem and it is apparently a Trojan associated with the Twilight Struggle executable. How does that happen on Steam?

Steam forums report the issue as well, a user claims having contacted Playdek who are “aware of the issue” “suspect it’s a false positive” and “are investigating”. (BGG forums also mention it)

Let’s say I’m not particularly inclined to test the “false positive” theory unless I absolutely have to, or it gets a more solid foundation.

Gumers has beaten Brooski (spacerumsfeld)

@rho21 Any interest in Turn 0?

Not got the Turn 0 expansion, I’m afraid.
I should be available to join a game from this evening (UK time).

Invitation sent to @Berbatov