Are you good enough at Twilight Struggle to enter a tournament?

Now you’ve set me up for a Darth Vader to come along and cut me down. :p
And coming back stronger than you can imagine isn’t so valuable in a single elimination format.

It went down to time between B4cchus and I, which moves me on to the next round.

We are still waiting on results from @jeromeymartin v. @bmarinari, @gumers v. @Mark_L , and @Berbatov v. @dstone112.

How are your games going?

Berbatov’s USSR crushed DStone112’s US by points early on turn 7.

I still have not heard from Gumers…

My opponent set the time limit for our game at 21 days per player, unfortunately, and hasn’t responded very swiftly. We’re still in turn 3 with 20d on the clock for me and 10d 16h for him.

I`m sorry for the delay!
I´ve just set up the game!

I (gumers) have won against MArk L.

I (gumers) have won.

Yep! Great game, Gumers, and good luck in the tournament!!!

Thanks, MArk! You were a hard to beat adversary!

On to the quarter finals. While one game is still outstanding, I think it makes sense to let people get started on the next round, while we wait for @jeromeymartin v. @bmarinari.

@Brian_Reynolds (winner) v.
@east83raider

@CF_Kane v.
@Berbatov (winner)

@rho21 v.
@Syzygy (winner)

@gumers v.
@jeromeymartin (winner)

The same rules apply. +2 influence for the US, random sides, optional cards included, 7 days per player.

Good luck!

Sorry, I’m trying to squeeze my turns in faster. We’re up to turn 6 after a burst this weekend.

Good luck, y’all

Invite sent to @rho21.

East38Raider - would it be okay if we started on Oct 23? I am about to be out of the country for a bit over a week. I can play quickly once we start.

Brian/Cattlesquat

Yes. I’ll cancel the current game. Send an invitation when you are ready.

Any results, yet?
How are you guys doing?

We just finished with a victory for me (USA). Thanks for checking in.

@gumers, go ahead and send an invite at your leisure?

@Syzygy (US) beat @rho21 by victory points at the start of Turn 8.

I had a truly atrocious first hand (a total of 9 ops) and made a stupid mistake to boot (due to playing too late at night) that cost 6 points. There was no way back into the game; I was holding on by my fingertips throughout and hoping for a lucky defcon win. Not to be.

Well played Syzygy, and good luck for the semi finals.

Okay east83raider, I re-sent the challenge! :)