ArenaNet restructures to keep Guild Wars 2 players happy

Title ArenaNet restructures to keep Guild Wars 2 players happy
Author Nick Diamon
Posted in Games
When July 2, 2013

ArenaNet has announced that the next event in their free Living World content updates to Guild Wars 2 will be the Bazaar of the Four Winds which will let players race around the Labyrinthine Cliffs..

Read the full article

Damn. I'm sure this is great for folks who play on a regular basis but I'm getting lost. I just tried to solve a quest from this Sky Pirates thing using stuff that I apparently had left over from Cinco de Dragon which is when I got a notification about helping refugees in some hills where there were storms of flame and frost. Helplessly I just ate some left over Halloween candy and opened up a Wintersday present to get some wool socks. I threw it all in the Mystic Forge and got an error code.

Amen! I'm in the same boat. I love Guild Wars 2 but all this temporary content is just stuff that I'm going to miss, or accidentally play a bewildering, out-of-context fragment of it.

But I know that a little bit of permanent content gets left behind with each temporary storyline so that's good.

I do like the concept behind it, to actually use this content to make the world dynamic and ever-changing, I do feel like I'm constantly missing out though.

I watched a developer video that was released alongside the Bazaar of the Four Winds announcement. If I heard correctly, future updates will focus more on permanent content.