Arizona GOP recruit street people to run as Green Party candidates

As a Canuckistani I find American politics very… interesting.

From The New York Times:

Mr. Pearcy and other drifters and homeless people were recruited onto the Green Party ballot by a Republican political operative who freely admits that their candidacies may siphon some support from the Democrats. Arizona’s Democratic Party has filed a formal complaint with local, state and federal prosecutors in an effort to have the candidates removed from the ballot, and the Green Party has urged its supporters to steer clear of the rogue candidates.

How will you be able to tell the real Green Party candidates from homeless people?

The homeless smell better.

I heard this guy interviewed on All Things Considered yesterday. He was swearing that these homeless people were good friends of his that were just interested in taking part in the political process, all while using dog-whistles like “Democrat Party”. Even Robert Siegel was having a hard time not giggling at him.

This is mostly surprising by how brazen that guy is about it all. “Oh, yeah, I’m a Republican operative running these homeless people as Green Party candidates. But they are totally into it, I swear.”

Perfect timing! Voting the bums out of office is cliche and only gives us different bums to vote out of office.

Now, the Arizona GOP is letting people vote bums into office. Its new, its hip, it streamlines the political process, and will probably result in the greatest investment in public works since Roosevelt the Younger.

Thing about it…

-A new national deposit on recycling, several cents greater than the ones in some states now.
-Improved public restrooms, now outfitted with showers.
-A nationwide public transportation system, with sleeper cars and seats.
-Incentives to make the American dollar more widely circulated.
-Finally, a return not the distinguished statesman of olden days, but to the distinguished facial hair of the olden days. Beards and sideburns are back, baby!

Oh wait, Green Party? Thats unfortunate, this will never take off.

Vote the bums into office!

alt:

Throw the bums in!

That was a good interview. He’s definitely post-partisan, as he says, but probably not in the way he means. Maybe meta partisan would be more accurate. What exactly does naming them “Democrat” vs “Democratic” accomplish, out of curiosity?

Rush Limbaugh does it all the time.

Very informative. I just don’t see “Republicants” catching on, but it’s got a nice Blade Runner vibe.

Didn’t you have bullies in your school that would deliberately mispronounce someone’s name in an effort to rile them up? Exact same thing.

I guess now that I am aware of it I can better enjoy how they carefully and deliberately overenunciate the T at the end, savoring the profound psychological damage they are doing to their opponents.

Will drop pants for votes

I find our politics very disturbing :(

Oh, c’mon - this is their job stimulus plan!