I think Ragan said those take propellant if i remember correctly. Was the reason he wanted a couple snails.
Ever wondered what Grem does when no one else is on… So I decided hey lets fly over and take on a Giga…
I mis judged a cliff face and got eaten… this in itself was no big deal I spawn at kels place and its a quick run. unfortunately I forgot to put my Argent on passive. Oh yes the dumb bird is attacking said Giga as I am trying to get it to disengage and run. Needless to say said Giga eats my Argent without a second thought.
At this point I realize I am riding a borrowed pter from Kel and should avoid getting it eaten so i zip back to kels base after leading the giga away from his beach :P
FYI kel I stashed my belongings in a box in your base until I can get back over had to quick travel home so I could hunt for a new argent.
Haha, no problem, @Grembel!
I did that exact same thing on the cliff face there a few days ago. I shot the Giga a few times thinking it was from a safe spot and he marched right up and ate me too, haha.
I did stash him on the other side of the big cliff off the beach. Going to try for him again today i think.
ok running into an issue trying to tame the gigas. Torpor will not drop. Do we have it set to not tame maybe?
I don’t think we’re doing anything with gigas (or with torpor in general), but I’ll check with Ragan just in case since he has a deeper understanding of the customizations we’re running with. I could only find these in the ini:
Also, 271.2 is out:
Current Version: v271.2
- Fixed a method that was being used to push characters underneath the ground (Requires Server Update.)
- Fixed Fertilizer getting durability reset when using Deposit Action (Requires Server Update.)
- Increased Ragnarok Boss Arena max time to 40 minutes (Requires Server Update.)
- Fixed a server loading crash that some mod-users were seeing (Requires Server Update.)
- Fixed remote keypads not working properly on certain legacy servers.
Will probably update some time tonight, when I see no one on.
it may be a change since the last time I played that’s been a wile back. I know they regen torpor super fast after you down them but atm downing them would take 3-4 people if not more. the level 15 was regening 100% torpor between loading of darts. So no idea how much she was actually regening past the dart.
Huh, I’ve never tamed a giga (thanks to your eggs on the other server, back in the day, lol) but I remember helping down one and 3-4 people actually sounds about right. Regardless, if we can make the torpor easier to work with using the ini settings, we probably should. I’ll research it and see if we have any options.
Edit: server restarted.
Did some research its the long neck its to slow. I will try bolts. I know I have done this solo maybe I used xbow :P only one way to find out:P
Another Structures Plus update just hit (server is restarting):
Update: Oct 8 @ 2:44pm
- S+ Replicator can now be crafted at the S+ Crafting Station
- Pull Selected is now capped at 1000
- There is now a 1 second cooldown on switching the mode of the Demo Gun
- Fixed issue that prevented the Euthanasia Gun from dealing the killing blow in enclosed spaces
- S+ Replicator now requires 100 element to craft (like vanilla)
- Squid Oil & Organic Polymer will spoil more slowly in the Animal Tender now
- Animal Tender, Farmer, Gardener, Item Collector, Sheep Herder & Nanny will only preserve items in their inventory when activated now
- S+ Auto Turret can no longer use gas
- S+ Cannon Turret now shoots visible cannon balls
- Rockets fired by the S+ Rocket Turret are now faster and less affected by gravity
Ok did a bit more searching I think the major issues I have had with the taming of the giga has been the inability to keep a steady stream of hits on it due to the damn things running now. So my next trick will be to try and “trap” it in four metal dino doors. Wish me luck
Thanks for the info! That’s what I would do. Build at least two metal columns close enough to “trap it”, and as many other columns as you can to contain it. And yes, I remember now that crossbows might help, but especially having 2-3 people along.
And sorry for the politics, moved that to the other thread.
I think Ragnarok is getting a proper Desert biome some time tonight. Hopefully more details soon.
First of all when is the next update for Ragnarok coming?
- currently we plan on getting an update out in the week of the 8th oct (Oct.,8-14)
What will be in the update?
- first of all lot of bug & glitch fixes:
- fixed far LOD rendering
- fixed several collison issues
- fixed several unbreakable rocks to be breakable again
- fixed rivers and lakes having no water
- fixed SSAO issue in A1
- fixed several floating objects
- fixed several other bugs and glitches
- Dinospawn overhaul:
- done the great fishing (you will now find fish in all lakes)
- tripled therazinospawns
- boosted spinospawns (same areas but more spawns)
- added another possible giga spawn area (hint: green oby)
- added new beaver spawn area
- removed fish from ocean (to resolve some issues)
- new landscape material
- new Day Cycle Manager part 1 (meaning a new weather system)
- updated ingame map to show SW area
- and the release of the first part of the desert region
One of the dangers in the redwoods (not my screenshot):
This kitty spawns in the massive redwood trees and just sits there until a wild dino or a player comes close enough. Then it pounces and snuggles you to death (unless you have a friend nearby to help).
Not sure if this screenshot is accurate, because every Thylacoleo that I’ve seen was facing the other direction (the ground).
Haha looks like fun.
So they’re an arboreal kaprosuchus?
Pretty much! (Thylacoleo.)
272 just hit, server is restarting, game clients will need to be updated as well:
Current Version: v272.0
- Fixed a server crash that some hosts were getting after uninstalling certain mods.
- Re-Added “My Survivors” menu option
- Temporarily removed HDR option, was causing some graphics issues at the moment.
- Big Ragnarok update: 20% more map area, various changes and fixes, full Ragnarok notes here: https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/260921-ragnarok-sw-desert-update-1011/
Ragnarok Southwest Desert (Part 1/3):
We’re excited to be releasing the first installment of the Ragnarok desert!
The desert will be released in three sections that will open up for the players
as each section is complete. This will be the least dangerous section of the desert
- Ability to place tree platforms on some desert rocks
- oil/water veins
- Explorable canyons
- dense metal and obsidian locations
- Flat building plateaus
- New vista locations
- 3 caves (2 building caves)
- Increased chance of Spinos spawning
- Decreased total Coel amount in the ocean
- Moved Leeds away from the coast/coastal inlets
- (Should now spawn farther out in the ocean)
- New Giga Spawn added in the Southwest region (Near Green Obelisk)
- Increased chance of Therizino spawns
- Wyverns added into Purple Crystal Wyvern Den off the coast
- (This will help eggs show up more frequently as well)
- Desert Spawns readjusted and ready for new section of map
Over 300 + Bug Fixes:
(This includes but not limited to)
- Fixed tall grass in swamp (lowered to not be 3 foundations high)
- Fixed mesh hole exploits
- Fixed many player stuck points
- Fixed floating foliage
- Fixed mesh collision
- Fixed water now working in rivers
- Fixed player/dino teleport issues
- Fixed some dinosaur spawn issues
- Fixed boss fight exploits
- Fixed Dungeon exploits
- Fixed unreachable resources
- Fixed unobtainable supply drops
- Fixed Proxy issues
- Fixed Volume issues
Pay attention to amounts when using the S+ transfer feature. I lost around 2k of raw meat this morning when doing a transfer directly to a fridge from a nearby dino; it claimed to have transferred but did not end up in the fridge.
This was on Ragnarok, and not on your server; just a PSA for an apparent S+ bug.
Good to know, thanks for the heads-up. I transfer raw meat to a grill instead of to a fridge, but I don’t think the issue could be fridge specific. Edit: Oh, you started experiencing this with v272? I have a feeling we’ll see a couple more patches before today is over.