Ark: Survival Evolved - Dinos and Leveling Survival Game

Yeah setting in Rag worked great for me.

Looking at the s+ mod page, can’t tell if aberration is supported right now.

EDIT: on further reading it sorta works but will crash the server. They can’t fix it until the aberration dev kit is released in a week or so. According to steam boards /shrug.

Ark would be smart to just roll that mod into there base game.

Server is up-to-date now. Whew, that was a BIG one and it took a while. Also took a special backup prior to updating S+, which may or be acting up due to Aberration changes. I don’t think we have much choice, RE S+ – it either works or it doesn’t, apparently, and the only alternative to updating it would be to disable it completely. We’ll just have to give it a try. I’ll be on after work this evening. (Or at least here and on Discord, if the server’s wonky.)

General consensus in the Ragnarok Discord and Steam thread is that servers running S+ should be OK now. Fingers crossed!

(Note that we have older backups available as well, just in case. Most recent is just now, next most recent is 1:45am PST this morning.)

What is available? Just Rag or Abber?

Abber appears to be running. Will PM the address.

Yeah, Aberration was already up-to-date, and I just added a scheduled backup task.

Nifty. I’ll rejoin and fall off stuff in aberration if I’m still welcome.

I got ya in the main PM message train @lord_pall

Server is up and running with original Ragnarok settings and Aberration map. No mods or clustering yet if people want to mess around. Maybe make a new name for your character, though.

As far as the settings go, if the server cluster is setup correctly, it should use all the same setting and mod files.

What you really are doing it starting the same server.exe twice, but with different startup switches/parameters.

I wasn’t going to play this, but wow this map is amazing!

I am out for the night, but shoot one of the others a PM if you want the info for the new server.

Holy cats, this is a challenging map! And super interesting. Although I’m spending more time surviving than exploring at the moment.

Server seems stable and people seem happy. Big update hit again just now, both instances are updating so that players can continue to connect.

We will want to discuss the plan for mods and clustering at some point, but no rush. (Well, Structures Plus is probably important.)

Edit: Went ahead and took another special backup after updating, and enabled S+. Word on the street is that it’s stable on Aberration now. Fingers crossed again.

Edit 2: S+ seems to be working fine so far.

Woot S+ is so nice. Loving the new map. i have explored about 200 feet haha and died oh i dont know 3-4 times.

Well done, @barstein!

S+ makes it. Have the start of a wood cabin finally. Beware the ravagers they can leap over you and hunt in packs. I may or may not of gotten eaten a few times. Still need to get over to you guys for a guild invite.

Kel your pad got completely run over last evening. I made the trek down the coast to get a guild invite and as i was coming back a pack of ravagers two raps and a carno had eaten your stego guards and think i saw one with your leg in his mouth.

Haha, no problem. I was getting tired of that place anyway ;).

Played again last night and finally stopped dying every few minutes. There were player bodies everywhere on that first night. Hilarious.

If you hate how brutal and punishing ARK can be, Aberration is probably not for you. But if you like the challenge and have been on the fence or taking a break, give it a try. So far I think WC has done a great job with the new expansion. Very different experience, but also very true to ARK’s themes.

Access to different areas is very different from previous maps, as far as I can tell. I have a feeling we’re going to be locked into the starting areas for a while as we level up and get our bearings. First major milestone, I think, is to get up and running with climbing/flying gear and establish decent packs of Ravagers.

I think we’re all still in temporary bases at this point. Finally unlocked the climbing pick and zipline, but haven’t done any serious exploring yet.

Oh and its’ great to see @Ragan here on Qt3 now, welcome!

Agreed Kono and I have found a bit of metal but its going to take a wile to get us out of the starting areas. I should hit climbing picks today. Been working on getting a few dinos. Now have a little trike and a decent raptor. Going to try and get a ravager pack next i think.

Kono set up a taming pen up (down?) the beach from where we are set up, and up the hill a bit. Saw a few ravager packs in that area. We tried and failed on a couple of attempts, but learned a bit from the experience. Ravagers practically instakill raptors. Based on my limited experience I’d say that if you can, just skip raptors and try to get one medium level ravager; that might make building up a pack a lot easier.