Ark: Survival Evolved - Dinos and Leveling Survival Game

Super weird! Shows up for me after the updates. Hmm. Maybe restart Steam and ARK?

Look for it in game, couldn’t find it in steam either.

When you say in-game you mean inside the ark client? I never found the steam browser.

I think that’s what he meant. Launch the game client, hit the Join button and use the filters. Make sure they’re set to PVE and Unofficial.

For whatever reason the Ab server doesnt show up in the server browser for me either. I had to log into ark then search for it in there browser.

Holy cow what a day yesterday. I did some research on the nameless. They can be killed but have to have a light source to burn them with IE dog lantern etc. Need to look but i believe theres a way to turn the dog on wile still mounted on your shoulder. I think we just got unlucky with there being a ton nearby. The alph ( glowing one) Also once you kill the alpha one of the others left alive will instantly become the alpha.

Okay I got it listed. Port forwarding goobage.

Then had connection timeouts, but then I forwarded more and now I’m in!

You should be able to turn them on and off while shoulder-mounted with the emote wheel (default “[” and “]” keys). There should be an entry on the wheel that says “Light” or similar.

Correct thanks Cale that made all the difference. Kono I found one of your lost ravagers stuck it in your lake base. Also there’s a 50ish drake roaming around that area damn near killed me. Be very careful those damn things are almost as bad as the nameless.

Got DC’d and can’t reconnect, think i have a some sort of a ghost presence.

Can someone forcefully boot my connection? Thanks.

Me too. Not sure yet what’s going on. Can’t reconnect, myself, either. Grem and Ragan were on – were you guys also disconnected? Probably going to need to stop and start the server.

Edit: Thanks, Ragan, I’ll await your restart.

Ok, server had a hiccup. I’ll do a restart

It’s the Reusable Grapple/bola/parachute mod that is causing it. Removing it and restarting

Ok I found out that you can venture out onto the surface after dark without a rad suit. I am going to try and get up there in the next few days for obsidian and oil.

I’ve also found out that those funny looking plants (the ones that look like they are sticking their tongue out, Plant Z) actually fill your food, water and health. Healed my ravager several hundred health in a about 30 seconds and topped off my food & water to boot.

From what I’ve read, it is only the wild ones that do that though.

Tonight though, as Coyote Peterson (Brave Wilderness youtube channel) would say “Be brave, be wild!”, I’m going to explore the swamp for a new base location. I expect much death and dismemberment.

Edit: It appears my posting in this thread is done since I am “new user” and limited to three replies in a thread. Anyone know how long this newbie status exists?

Come move near us!

Kono and I relocated last night. Lord_pall tagged along for the road trip. Nice large flat area that feels pretty secure. Except for a rock drake that dropped into the base last night. Going to have to rely on packs of dinos to keep the compound secure.

I planted one of those plants last night. Apparently they produce some sort of crazy light grenade fruit that can be thrown at grues nameless to reduce their health.

No Idea how Ragan and I survived our expedition last night hehe. I did get to see the nameless king spawn in as ragan was hiding in his stone shack. Thankfully it fell off the ledge behind his outpost. We did spot a 140 (max level) drake on our way down to the blue biom. All in all it was a great adventure. One death as we climbed out. Ragan got to experience the nameless “poison”.

On a side note I have a gas collector up and running. It produces a ton of gas if anyone needs feel free to grab some. I crafted a full suit of hazard armor. Going to explore the top a bit more tonight maybe.

You forgot to mention there is metal everywhere down in the swamp!

But yeah, I hid while you watched the nameless chew on my hut. When my bulbdog recharged I was able to drive them off. Now that I know what to expect, I’ll be going back down there maybe tonight or Thursday to expand the house and start on a dino pen.

I’ll need to get a bunch of plant z seeds to create a charge field to keep the nameless at bay and probably a bunch of auto-turrets to kill anything that makes it over the walls. I’ll have to drag a couple bulbdogs down there as well.

FYI, Restarting the Aberration server to add some S+ configuration settings that will allow you to pull the Aberration resources

Has the Ragnarok server been restarted lately? It appears to be lagging behind in mod versions.