Ark: Survival Evolved - Dinos and Leveling Survival Game

@Grembel @Ragan @Kyle700 @DeepT

I’ve been toying around with adding a new mod challenge on one of the servers to test it out for a bit. The mod is called Primal Fear and a write up can be found here. The quick summary is that it massively modifies the dino spawns on a server, adds a lot of variance and gameplay related to them, and injects a bit more fun into taming and killing things.

Since it is a pretty big change from where we are now, I thought maybe a good fit for the testing would be The Center server. I’d like your thoughts though before I attempt something like that, as it might be too much of a change to the gameplay if you guys like where things are now.

I’m also always welcome to changing up mods or testing new ones you hear about. This could be something of a way to differentiate the different servers in the cluster, but as part of testing I would need to see how well it works in a mixed setting.

Quick writeup on Primal Fear:

Primal Fear is a massive dino mod. This mod adds varying tameable tiers of dinos, as well as special boss dinos. Currently, you can tame Toxics, Alpha’s, Apex, Fabled, Buffoon, Celestial, Demonic, Elder, and Elemental. The bosses include Primal, Origin, and the Creator. Toxic, Alpha, Apex, and Fabled dinos are math based, and are 3x, 5x, 10x 16x vanilla stats. Almost every creature has an alpha variant. Apex variants are carnivorous fighters, and Fabled variants are passive work horses.

Demonics are cast away creatures hell bent on becoming useful, powerful, mounts. They have sold their soul to evil in order to gain ultimate power. Celestial’s are the pure and true counter part, set there as a counter balance.

Primal Fear currently has over 200 different creatures in it, and it grows all the time.

On top of dinos, this mod also adds varying items to enhance game play. These items include a tranq system, healing items, dino blood, multiple sets of armor, tranq pike, taming helpers, wake up stimulate, and more!

Added video spotlight: