Ark: Survival Evolved - Dinos and Leveling Survival Game

I don’t think I actually took a picture of the Rookery! 45 females on two levels. It was so noisy inside.

Here’s an outside picture of the evil lair (aka Rock Drake pen).

Dino Storage v2 received an update last night. Minor bug fixes it looks like.

Servers have all been updated and rebooting now.

Aww @Ragan you just got the new cooking pot and the S+ modder changed the model you liked so much!

Update: 7 Jan @ 7:01pm

Internal Pipes & Wires TLC

• Internal Pipes & Wires will no longer block snapping of other structures when placed on ceilings (note: only applies to internal pipes & wires placed after this update)

• Changed how internal pipes & wires link to other internal pipes & wires when placed (should see significant improvement when placing internal pipes & wires in large networks… also no more phantom water/power)

• The placement preview mesh is now larger to make it easier to see when placing on thick structures

• When placing structures that should connect to an internal pipe/wire but also have a snap point on the underlying structure, it will now always snap to the internal pipe/wire (ie when placing a generator on a foundation with an internal wire, it will always snap to the internal wire)

• New Multi-Tool Structure Sub-Mode: Pick Up Internal Pipes & Wires (will remove all internal pipes & wires from the targeted structure & give you the items)

• The Tek Cooking Pot no longer requires irrigation (also no longer a crop plot) & has a new model

• The Nanny will no longer imprint past the server config cap if the dino’s maturation is past the cap

• Fixed issue with Spike Walls snap toggling not working correctly

• The Tek Shield can no longer be picked up while the shield is damaged

• The Element Catalyzer can now be placed on saddles if the AllowCatalyzerOutOfElement is enabled

• The target outline of the Multi-Tool now shows through obstructions

• Fixed issue with the Mannequin not changing poses

• New Omni-Tool Mode: Clone Tool (will create a copy of your current omni-tool, with all of its settings)

• The TCU will now use the Everyone PIN if there is no Allied Survivors PIN set (when triggered by pressure plates/alarms)

• New Config: DisableTransmitterBossSummon (removes the boss summon crafts from the S+ Transmitter)

• New Config: PreventShieldPickup (prevents the S+ Tek Shield from being picked up)

• New Config: AllowCropPlotStacking (allows crop plots to place on top on other crop plots & adds a snap point so they stack properly)

• New Config: DisableDoorSound (removes opening & closing sounds from all S+ doors)

All servers have been updated except the Island since someone is on there right now.

I just started getting into this game, wow there’s a lot here. Played Conan and a ton of 7 Days still hasn’t prepared me for this. This game is tough, I thought 7 days was a rough start but nothing compared to this, I am getting my ass handed to me nightly. Don’t get me wrong I am loving it and have learnt a ton and slowly getting better. I have a pet croc named Al who is now my bodyguard and he takes no shit. Jumping around on my frog is a blast and running away on my Iguadon is a live saver. Playing on a server with 3 other friends and also have a solo game going. Barely scratched the surface and can see myself getting lost in this game.

Tundra you guys are welcome to join on our servers. They are a cluster, meaning you can hop from one to the other. However, they have Steam mods so can only be joined by those playing the Steam version of ARK.

Early ARK is really fun, probably one of the biggest survival pushes of the game itself. Things seem (and often do) go all to hell early on and you lose a lot. I find that one of the most fun parts of the whole game. Plus, early dino taming is dangerous and it gets the blood flowing. I fondly remember running my ass off from a raptor that destroyed my first half-built shack back in the day, only to run into worse while trying to get away from him.

What’s crazy is though some of the difficulty drops in that regard, other difficulties present themselves even as you get more powerful. It’s a great game and the best part is every map/DLC changes it in a bit as well.

Most of us posting here have hundreds (in some cases thousands) of hours in it. It’s addictive and fun, keep at it.

As Skipper mentioned, there is a cluster of Qt3 servers, which has eight of the nine official maps. And most of the other maps are bigger than the Island. There is so much more content/land to explore and discover.

Once you get a flier, the maps get a lot smaller. But if you ever want an adventure, go skip the flier and take a land dino. The amount of content we fly over every day is astounding.

Thanks guys, that’s a great offer. We are playing with Gamepass PC though and Steam servers are not an option. We almost picked up the game during the Steam sale as the dedicated server that my buddy setup with Gamepass was a pain. Maybe next time Steam has a sale we might switch.

Put it on your Steam wishlist, it goes on sale quite a bit. And when you do, post here, we’ll let you know how to add the entire cluster on your Favorites list.

It’s quite fun as it extends the map x8, plus dino changes, etc.

It is a wildly addictive game if you click with it. It consumed the better part of my summer/fall and I had to step back and catch my breath because I was doing nothing for awhile except play Ark.

We’ve all been there. I still get phases of it. “I should port over to the other server in ARK and set up a base from scratch.”

(I should add that it was glorious however lol)

EDIT To add substance:

You know I’m so glad we had this nice cluster to play on and if you have any notion of playing, you should do it here folks. The other maps don’t just add new scenery to an already big game. Several of them have specific gameplay changes that really mix up the game play loop. Genesis, Extinction, and aberration all play a LOT differently from the stand Island fare you have probably seen so far. They are all entertaining and it is interesting to me to see how minor changes in the environment of Ark change up the gameplay.

Haven’t read the whole thread, but I’m playing on Xbox, is the server crossplay? Wouldn’t mind playing with you guys again

edit: just caught the bit about steam only, bummer. really diggin the game but dislike playing on public servers or 100% alone. quite enjoyed the conan group we had awhile back

Xbox crossplay only works with the Windows Store version of Ark, not the Steam version though. The Epic version works with Steam, but only if there are no mods on the server because the Epic store doesn’t do mods atm.

I believe the comment from a long time ago was WildCard had crossplaying working internally (using dev/debugging tools & modes) for all platforms but Sony/Microsoft/Steam/Nintendo don’t want their networks to play well with others, so cross play only exists for Xbox & Windows Store versions.

It honestly kind of sucks too because the game could really use more players able to see/reach each other.

plenty of games do crossplay from all of them so it’s always weird to hear that as a reason

Woohoo! Fliers can go fast again!

From 321.1 update:

New Single Player/Host Setting: Enable Level Up for Flyer Movement Speed (You can enable the setting on Unofficials by doing the following: adding bAllowFlyerSpeedLeveling=True to the game.ini or -AllowFlyerSpeedLeveling to the commandline)

Will it be the same as ground movement speed? That is to say, it’s a wasted stat during mutation and only makes a different when levelling it up after you tame?

Most likely.

Need to test to see if imprinting increases the base movement speed though, like it does for land dinos.