Ark: Survival Evolved - Dinos and Leveling Survival Game

The “Allow flier speed leveling” option has been enabled on all the servers in the cluster.

Now it is time to see if leveling movement speed stacks with a trope’s afterburner speed.

Haha that moment when youre moving to fast to see the mountain in front of you.

Unfortunately it seems to not remember your movement speed upgrade whenever you transfer servers, so putting 40 points into my owl is pretty impressive but then when you go to another server you have to put those 40 points back in again. I wonder if it’s an issue on Wildcard’s side?

Edit: Actually it’s not changing servers, it’s just the act of using a cryo or dino pod or using dino storage that resets their movement speed. At least you get your points back!

Glad to see them add this back. It’s the one thing I truly miss from the Classic Flyers mod. Hell, besides graphical changes and “step back,” that mod is almost not needed anymore.

I heard @Ragan already has this guy tamed.

In all seriousness though, estimated over 110 tons. That’s absolutely gigantic. To think there was enough of a food source to support many of those is crazy.

My big wonder/question for dinosaurs like that is how their bodies managed to pump blood up to their head. Or even just plain stayed alive and mobile. Blue whales eat like 4 tons of food a day, but they top out at 180 tons. If we make a rough assumption that titan eats a guesstimate of 3 tons of food a day (the titan is 61% the size of a blue whale, but it has to walk around, so assume that takes more calories), that is a lot of vegetation. Three tons of leaves, bushes, every single day for each dino. They probably has to move in a migratory pattern (and it probably was a huge pattern), eating as they moved.

Since we are usually riding dinos in Ark, we rarely take a moment to stand next to one and see how truly huge most of these animals are. I’ve been using giga’s lately (thanks @greywind) and my character barely reaches their ankle.

And yes, I have tamed a couple Ark titanosaurs before. I haven’t this play through because I’ve not had a big need for huge cargo hauler.

Also a crazy part of it all was the extinction event that left roughly only things around 50lbs in weight or smaller.

Otherwise, we probably wouldn’t be here and some advanced dino would be playing ARK.

Yeah Giganotosauruses don’t fit so well in my 12 story building.

I have 56 of the girls stuffed in the old Rock Drake breeding farm trying to work on mutations.

hahahaah Man greywind you have caught the bug. You should maybe try the scaffolding I was using with my rex on your gigas. Will have to see if I have a pic somewhere.

I’m already using your design from your base in Crystal Isle for these (thanks!). The male goes in the middle on a base 3 blocks up, and two rows of females on either side one at ground level and one at 6 blocks. The difference with Gigas is their hitbox doesn’t count their heads and tails, so i can stuff quite a few in there. I have to remove the six females on the ground in the middle each time I replace the male though or it won’t let me place him.

With the boy back:

And the girls replaced. Is anyone feeling a bit claustrophobic?

It’s just one big group hug!

HAHA nice man glad you used the scaffolding! Makes it so much easier.

I’ll have to post a screenshot of the wyvern breeding additions to my base. I’ve been building down from the bottom of my suspended houses. I still use the glider wings that Grem gave me and they have saved me a number of times.

Except for that one time I just came back from snow biome on the Island and was wearing fur armor that didn’t have glider wings. I jumped over the edge to glide to one of my lower levels and promptly realized that I would be going to the ground floor in a hurry.

Ok I laughed out loud on this one. Then had to explain to the wife what was so funny. It did make me wanna log in. May have to scratch the itch if it gets worse.

So I’ve wanted to try this for a while, so went to install via Gamepass - 203 GB? Is that for real?

It is. I have no idea why but I think the issue is that ARK team didn’t code in compressed image files for ARK. I think there are some workarounds but they are only after the full game downloads.

Holy hard drive Batman! That’s… a lot.

Thanks for the info.

No worries, just in case, here was the old method people used to get around some of the issue. It should still work as far as I know:

One of the reasons for the huge space issue is performance.

The devs extracted out a lot of the packages/files/assets/whatever from the compressed files so it is easier to find and load them.

I’m willing to tolerate the space because when Ark was first released it could take anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes to load the game. The other thing that helped my Ark performance was putting it on a SSD.