Ark: Survival Evolved - Dinos and Leveling Survival Game

Awesome shot!!!

Congrats Pinto.

How well did the dinopithecus work in the fight? Did you lose any? What are their average stats.

Plus I didn’t know they could wear helmet armor. Very interesting look.

Thanks Ragan:

The Dinopithecus are fast, and during the fight, I did not lose any although a couple were under 25 % health. I had a bug during the battle where the whistle commands did not work, and I had groups everywhere, trying to attack the flying Dinopithecus. I rode a Velonsaur trying to shoot down the flying apes, but I could not get them all. They can wear any helmet, and this can give them good armor, but the helmets break during every boss fight, and this is annoying to repair/replace.

My Dinopithecus are around level 900, with 120000 hp, 2500 melee and approx 25000 stamina. If I get time, I will try with my Shadowmanes to compare.

Did you have any losses with your Rexes, and how did they do?

Jesus. I wouldn’t want to mess with those things.

I did not lose any from my latest herd of rexes. (60k health, 3k melee). I did lose some on my previous boss fights, but they were not high level, like 25k health, 2k melee.

The rexes did pretty good, with the usual rex problems. They have the turning radius of a school bus. They would get stuck on each other a lot. I spent most the fight just trying to not get stuck on other rexes and corralling the wanders back to the boss.

Hello

We were all set to try the Tek Cave on the Island. Put together an army of 40+ dinos, all with Res stones, as well as the Greater Res stone, for the battle. We were proceeding down, clearing and walking the dinos down, and the server appeared to crash. ( Apr 15, 9 pm MST ) The server came back approx 20 minutes later, but we lost everything, and I cannot res the dinos or our inventory.

I think we are the only ones playing ( Skeeter and Pinto) , and I was wondering if it is possible to restore the server to a previous backup. I would hate to have to create another 40 extraordinary dino res stones.

Thanks Pinto

Let me try out some of the server backups and see what I can do.

Edit: You transferred your dino army to the Island for the fight, correct Pinto? If so, which server did you come from?

The server makes backups about every two hours, so I would need to find the server you came from and do the rollback there from before you transferred.

I transferred my army from the Valguero server

Thanks Ragan

Did you have them cryoed/soul trapped on Valguero?

They were in Cryoed on Valguero. If this is too complex, I will just rebuild the army.

Thanks Ragan

I’ve restored Velguero to 4/15/ at 10:37 pm EST, which would be 7:37pm MST. Once the server comes up, login and see if it was the right backup.

I just logged in and my Dino Army is back in Valguero. My naked body was still on the Island, but everything I had on my body is easy to recreate.

Thanks Again Ragan -

Looks like Fjordur’s official release hits in about 15 days.

Nekatus’ Announcement: https://discord.com/channels/576864798579359788/576888198542917652/979881774261882962

Discord invite link: https://discord.gg/E56qAjtn

I just started playing on the new map, and so far it’s kind of cool. I am digging some extra ruins laying about, but haven’t found any of the new critters yet. Anyone else?

I have not, no. Should we vote one of the old maps off the cluster to load it up or should I spin up a new cluster member?

I’d be good either way =) Is there a map that no one has used?

@Ragan I pinged ActiveGamehost but I can’t seem to spin up a new server since their pay cart site is broken.

In the meantime, thoughts about using an existing server or no?

Are you thinking like Rag? I’ve been out of the loop for like a year, so… I don’t think I have a vote =)

We have people that pop on to some of the servers at odd times. Like, picking one server to put all your loot on or similar. So the issue with shutting one down to bring up the new map is just that, someone might lose something. No rush in the meantime. I’ll wait for a response from him and ping his email as well.

I spawned on the eastern shore of the SW island, and encountered some fjordhawks at a shallow river there, and spotted a few giant bats hanging from the ceiling in a cave nearby.

I hadn’t bothered looking up those critters yet, so I let them alone for now.

I haven’t gone much past that island, but if it’s like the mod, there are interesting caves all over the map.