Ark: Survival Evolved - Dinos and Leveling Survival Game

I spawned on the north island right near the river, and there is a big cave that looks to be author credits and thanks, etc… but that’s all I’ve seen yet.

Our group started on the ragnarok Server, and from memory, I cannot remember any other big bases on this map. During play, for some reason, I moved over the the Valguero Server and the other members slowed down, and stopped playing ARK. They still come on once and a while for boss fights, but there bodies are now in my base on Valguero. I logged on and took anything that I thought would be of use, and retired our base on Ragnarok.

Feel free to retire this server, if you want, as I think we were the only ones playing on this server for the last couple years.

Pinto

I think a few of us had small bases there but nothing major. I’ll have to check for one of mine as well.

The hosting company hasn’t yet answered my ticket on another server just yet so I’m going to hold off for now. If I end up switching maps I’ll also need to get a full backup of ragnarok as well so it might take me a bit. More info to come …

Maybe replace Lost Island or Crystal Isles? I don’t think they have anything exclusive that’s super important, and I doubt many people have main bases on those maps. Just a thought. Edit: oh, I missed the Rag decision.

My main base is on Crystal Isles. The only thing I’d want to get before you killed it is I have a couple raids full of max level TRexes, Argens, Blood Wyverns and Theriz on ice over there. I can move them over to another base if need be, just let me know =) Well, that and a wall of resources…

I’m all for re-purposing an existing server and I don’t have anything major on Ragnarok either.

My main bases on Crystal Isles, Lost Isles, & Genesis II.

I played this for a long time but have not for a few years. I am thinking of having another play, likely solo or maybe with my son. Any suggestions for a map to play, when I played there was only 1 map now there is loads.

Not looking for anything too out there just a nice easy time.

Any thoughts

All of the maps are fun and have something to offer. If you are just looking for a good time with your son I would probably stay away from the “official” DLC maps like Aberration, Extinction, Genesis as they all offer a different play style then the base game. Instead you might think of playing on some of the Free official maps. Ragnarok seems to be a favorite of most people, but there is a new map that offers practically every dinosaur known, plus a few extras that just came out called Fjordur which is awfully pretty.

Also, you might wanna play on @Skipper 's server cluster, then if you don’t like the map you are on, you can always teleport to another one, and there are other folks in the cluster to play with from time to time. It’s very friendly and Co-Op. I learned 75% of what I know about Ark from the good folks on the QT3 cluster!

On the Qt3 server is their a way to choose the map or is it just the one running at that time. Cheers

You can start out on any of the above-mentioned maps by picking them from the server browser. Or once you’re in one, go to an obelisk or drop and transfer to a different map that way.

As to which might be the best experience, I think I agree with Fozzle’s suggestion. Along those lines, Lost Island might be a good choice. It’s a very fresh experience and is not a serious departure from core ARK or whatever, vs something like Genesis which feels like a very different game imo.

On the other hand, while Fjordur has a few significant differences, it is also still very faithful to what I consider to be the spirit of ARK.

Thanks I am in now and will try Lost Island. Big install footprint, 337gig.

Shall play more tomorrow.

Fyi while we wait for Fjordur here on Qt3, I’ve been playing it on another PVE server I found that has nice admins and players, and also a few tweaked settings and higher wild dino levels (e.g. max of 350 on Valguero & Fjordur). It’s called HEXA, if you’re interested.

Thanks for the suggestion @barstein . I have a server running Fjurdor atm to just play around with, but I’m kind of dragging my feet until I see what @Skipper decides. If we don’t get a Fjurdor I might just give Lost Island a try as well. I’ve not seen that map either.

Oh, and HEXA has all maps most of the same mods, and flying enabled in caves/Fjordur realms. Forgot to mention that stuff. But yeah, I see the appeal in sticking with the familiar peeps on Qt3.

Im working with the host and will have a new server for the new map. Im also traveling for business so just a bit slow replying. More info soon.

Can you explain how to get to level 900? Is this a new thing? When we played Crystal Isle I thought the absolute max you could get was 450?

I wanna know what witchery this is!

This is a complex process, at least the way I did it, but I will try to explain my method.

You will need to unlock the Mutator – I think this is unlocked with the Tek Cloning chamber. The Mutator forces every hatched Dino to mutate, and you can also mutate the dino’s 3 times ( need 3 mutators) . Just before the babies are hatched or dropped, activate each mutator ( lasts about 5 minutes) You will need a lot of element, but that is easy to get on Genesis 2, with a Mantis.

I usually mutated 4 stats, Health, Stamina, Melee and Weight. To get level 900 you will need 4 stats.

I mutated the Males, and had a group of unmutated Females.
Female Breeder + Male breeder = baby with mutated attribute

For Strenght you would do this ( assuming Male has a strength of 30 )
Base Female + base Male S30 =baby Male – Strenght 33
Base Female + Male S33 = baby Male S36
Base Female + Male S36 = baby Male S39
Do this 20 times
Then you breed to combine the 4 mutated attributes.

You can create levels in you base, and if the male is in the center, you can have 3 layers of females. The problem is the mutation is random, so you may not get your mutation, every time. I tried for 25+ females for each stat, and would almost get the mutation ,I wanted, every time.
The mutator can also change, the sex of your dinos, so if you only have a mutated female, you can change it to a male.
As this is a timely process, I usually tried to mutate multiple dinos.

Devices to help automate the process
Hatchery – pick up eggs and hatch them
Soul Terminal – pick up unhatched and bred dinos
-Also used to see the stats of the babies
Nanny – feed the babies - they eat a lot
Cloning chamber – speeds up the process

I have now confused you, but the internet has some good videos, that explain with video.

Good luck
Pinto

My base on Crystal isles was setup to do all that, but I thought you could only combine to get to 450, so I have level 400+ Rexs, Argys, Theris and some barys… I was under the impression you could only mutate two states, not 4…

If you find it on Genesis 2, I’ve got a tapejara breeding program similar to what Pronto outlined going on right now. I’ve got 143 female tapejara’s in 4 groups, one for each worthwhile stat. Plus on Gen 2, if you do the Maewing Pouch trial, it reduces the breeding wait timer to zero (because of how high the servers breeding timers cranked up). You can instantly rebreed dinos. Combine that with the mutator to speed up the growth, you can go through several generations in a hour.

I’ve done the same thing with wyverns, rexes, velons (a velon with 3000% melee is machine gun mayhem), shadowmanes and others. Once all 4 stat lines are combined, the base dino is around lvl 700.

I believe we are not constrained by the lvl 450 cap is because we are a private server.

And it hasn’t been mentioned yet, but the base game of Ark is free to keep on Steam until June 19, 2022 1pm EST. One the Ark forums it is listed until Sunday, June 20, 10am PST. Not sure why the times are different.