Ark: Survival Evolved - Dinos and Leveling Survival Game

They look so different! Like flying penguins almost.

So I wanna say the rex shield start as an experiment right after they released that bp for the shield. I had just moved to the first snow biom. Man that place was nasty haha.

I present the elusive holy grail of Ark, the Basilisk egg! This is the first time I have ever seen one and this was from a wild basilisk.

So it seems it is working as intended with my Desmodus tames not being 100% effective. It sounds like you need to have them pick up a dino first to increase the effectiveness and then let it pick you up after to finish the taming process.

I have no idea how I am going to control when they stop on a dino and switch to me as it happens so fast, but apparently if you just let them only pick you up personally to tame, you won’t get near 100%. At least I wasn’t really doing anything wrong myself to mess it up.

Kelan,
What I used was some Moschops. I threw a couple in there and ran away and the Desmos chomped on the moschops for awhile. Lots and lots of health on them helps. Then when you are up to 100% tame effective, you can just hop on the moschops, or pokeball it and run in there. I am betting you could also use Ovis, or any high health simple tame.

Thanks! Yeah, apparently a dino doesn’t actually progress the taming bar, just increases the effectiveness. Will try it out next time.

I haven’t played in a couple days, but just had an update on my client and I don’t see any servers. Perhaps it happened recently and the servers need an update. Just wanted to ping you guys to get a head start on the weekend of playing! No rush of course :)

@Skipper @Ragan

Yeah, the server is either updating or needs to be updated. Current server version is v348.2. (Client is 346.1).

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/388254-pc-patch-notes-client-v3481-server-v3482-updated-07152022/

No worries. I’m on it. Give me just a bit, guys.

Slowly finishing these and they will come back on line a bit at a time on build 348.2:

The Island - Up (3:09PM)
Fjordur - Up (3:09PM)
Lost Island - Up (3:09PM)
Ragnarok - Up (3:18PM)
Valguero - Up (3:18PM)
Crystal Isles - Up (3:18PM)
Scorched Earth - Up (3:22PM)
Genesis - Up (3:22PM)
Aberration - Up (3:22PM)
Extinction - Up (3:32PM)
Gen 2 - Up (3:35PM)

ALL SERVERS UP!

By the way, very sorry to anyone kicked off on The Island, Fjordur or Lost Island, as there were users on each. I sent two different broadcasts over a five minute period to have people log out, but since I could not log in, I was unable to see if that worked. At any rate, I had to force everyone off for the update.

I knew I had a pic of my little reaper.

You will notice he has his own room… ;)

You are to cruel Grem. I can see the love it has for you in it’s eyes. And that big wide toothy smile. Its a good thing there isn’t an Ark chapter of PETD (People for the Ethical Treatment of Dinos).

In other news, in my continuing quest to defend my base in Balheimr I added a new setting to Fjordur which disables limit on the number of turrets you can have in close proximity. The server is restarting as I type this (July 17th, 8:30pm EST).

And if anyone is wondering how many turrets I want. This is what I’m aiming for:

I don’t think you’re doing good work for the Balheimr Tourist Board here.

HAHA now what can you possibly need that many turrets for :P

I thought I would share this video with you guys. It lays out the locations with coords for all of the artifacts, summons, and boss terminals on the Fjordur map. And it has time stamps for everything in the comments. Very useful!

Thanks, Fozzle!

Tried the Hunter cave and got eaten by a Purlovia! Made it about 5 steps in. Good times!

Try the new Andrew! If you have a saddle with him, they can’t knock you off.

Interesting… I rushed it a bit and had too much good loot on me, but got back in there with a Thyla and ate em up and got my stuff back.