Ark: Survival Evolved - Dinos and Leveling Survival Game

How do you kill and create a new character, not really looked in to it.

Ah got it, once you die instead of respawning you create a new character.

Where are you guys based so I can respawn in that region if it’s ok?

You should just have the option to make a new character when you die. So strip off armor and go drown or punch a snake or something.

Yeah done it, would like a tribe invite if poss, name is IainW thanks

Hey Reemul, it’s been a while since I visited this thread and I missed these posts. Just log in some time when one or more of the active players are on (Ragan, Lebbrin or myself) and we’ll fly out to where you are and reinvite you. I’m on the northern coast just outside the eastern edge of the snow, Leb is in the Hidden Valley near the north/northeast coast and Ragan is in the process of migrating over to the west coast where you used to live.

Patch 239 is supposed to hit tonight/tomorrow (edit: they updated to specify 9pm EST tonight). Includes new dinos, new items, new mechanics and graphics improvements. (Kelan, whenever you get a chance to apply this patch, would you mind running the Kill All Wild dinos command just after? That’ll clear out the map and not only ensure that the new dinos start showing up sooner but it’ll fix an issue we’ve noticed with greatly reduced ocean dino numbers.)

Spotlight video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_QvVE9X9qo

The three of us are gradually preparing to take on the new Snow Cave some time soon, if anyone’s interested in joining what should prove to be a super fun adventure.

Server back up on 239.0.

I will try to get to the dino kill thing by the weekend at the latest, but need to run right now.

barstein, are you interested in helping admin the server? I was going to let you and Ragan have access to the admin password so you guys can react to issues that may arise and can do routine maintenance items like resetting the dinos.

Let me know. Shoot via pm if you would rather discuss there.

Hey, Kelan. I’d be more than happy to help out with that. I’ll be in touch!

Man I love the bears. They get faster the longer you sprint and can really haul ass! Can also just munch plants along the way to fuel all your awesome bear activities.

What’s the deal with this new free map? It’s a fantasy-based area?

Yes. Its also the first mod to be ported directly to Xbox Early Access as well.

Not specifically, it’s a much bigger map with more caves and features. the original map is also fantasy not based on anywhere on earth.

It will allow a lot more player on it and opens up the game to more exploration and fun features. Gameplay wise nothing changes.

I shall be trying it out properly this weekend.

Well, yes, I assumed the original map wasn’t based on real topography. This one seems to have fantasy temples and whatnot in it.

The original map had altars and floating obelisks and stuff too. Note: haven’t looked at the new map yet, but there was definitely fantasy (more like scifi I guess?) stuff in the old one.

Sorry if those is “no shit, Sherlock” kind of information. I wasn’t sure what your familiarity level with the game is. :)

Yes, again, I understand the original map wasn’t based on a real place and had fantastic elements.

This map specifically seems to have fantasy (as in traditional swords & sorcery) stuff in it.

The Center complements the current ARK biomes with a rich, hand-drawn Tolkien-esque aesthetic. Filled with stunning lighting effects, lava rivers, giant picturesque mountains, misty floating islands, ancient underground ice caves, and more…

Yes, as I wrote, it is a fantasy themed map, with fantasy style ruins dotting the landscape, and a giant underground cavern.

The original map is a science fiction based map, with people and animals recreated through technology.

It may be better optimized too so if you are still having performance issues, it may be worth a try for you to get in game :). I don’t have a source for that, though, just some observations from some guildmates, I believe.

Here is a quote from him (no idea if it would hold true for others)

A side note, the Center map seems to be way better optimized, or something else, because my FPS was nearly triple what it normally is on the Island map. I normally run about 28 to 33fps. Last night I was consistently running right around 100fps. Maybe it was because it was a new map and not a lot of buildings and stuff or some of their changes in the v241 update. So I jacked up some of my settings to epic, because why wouldn’t you. :smilewide:

Some of the active folks on Kelan’s server have talked about possibly moving over to The Center and starting over, or perhaps deploying another server running The Center instead. I think most of us like the idea, but we may wish to finish completing the caves first. I’ve been playing around with The Center in single player mode and it seems pretty rock solid so far.

The story behind the new map: if your ark survival evolved mod is good enough the developers will buy it - Kotaku

This map, called The Center, is the second mod plucked from the community. Only two mods have become official so far. The next one, a mod called Primitive+ that forces players to use ancient toolsets to advance, arrives in July.

The way it works, according to ARK lead designer Jeremy Stieglitz, is that Studio Wildcard identifies a mod they’re interested in and offers “a considerable amount of money,” which varies on the time they’ve been working on it. With both of these mods, that came out to “multiple months’ salary for a creative.”

“There’s no ARK Mod EULA that gives us any inherent rights to use their work,” said Stieglitz, “so it’s entirely up to these authors whatever they want to do when we contact them. But of course, for a mod author this program becomes a chance to have their work featured in front of a huge audience (6 million strong) as well as be paid for it, and continue to develop it for that eager audience.”

Studio Wildcard was impressed by The Center and Primitive+ enough to offer both of them jobs, which they’ve since accepted.

Sounds neat. If you guys get a new server up, let me know and I will probably join you all :).

Oh Yeah, I’m about ready to dive back into this. If you get a Center server up, I will probably be in for a few hundred more hours =)