Ark: Survival Evolved - Dinos and Leveling Survival Game

No. The server is running v268.255 and the client is up to v268.258. v269 ETA is September 8 and will probably be late.

If you’re having issues getting in, what mods are you running?

Hmm… I can’t connect either. I keep getting Host Pending Connection Timeout. My client is apparently v268.259. I’ve subscribed to some mods, but don’t have any total conversion mods activated, and as I understand it, the others shouldn’t matter until I connect.

Kono & I were just booted, but Steam shows 4 players including us as still playing. Kelan, were you kicked as well and can you get back in? If not we may need to restart.

Server isn’t showing in the list anymore, so looks like something went wrong.

I think it’s hung, will wait a few more minutes for Kelan to respond before taking aggressive action.

Yeah, was just talking to Ragan on friends chat in Steam. He saw a dump file on the hosting server so it looks like the server crashed, as we have seen over the years that happens.

Ragan had to run away for 10-15 minutes, but he may have already restarted the server. If not, feel free to start it up @barstein. Also, perhaps change the auto save to 15 or 30 minutes so we lose less with these issues, if you think is good.

Restarted! Should be back up in a minute or two.

Thanks!

I am in.

I played a lot on the OO server and would be interested in playing if there is still room. I am UK based so my play times could be different.

I have the game installed but do I need to add teh map and mods manually or will they get pulled down when joining the server.

Thanks

I will send you the info. I had to install the map manually, but the mod downloaded and installed itself from the server. I also had to go into the library and game listing, right click on ARK to get to downloadable content, then uncheck/check the Ragnarok map to get it to download/install.

Still room for lots of people. The most we have had on at a time is 6/30, I believe.

Very cool that this server is still running. I bounced off of Ark a bit because of performance and lack of time to devote to it, but I believe a tight-knit server like this would be absolutely the only way to go about playing this (short of playing solo). Suppose I should fire it up and take a look again someday.

Thanks, will set it up tomorrow, out tonight cheers

Patch 219 is later than I expected, could hit any time…this week? Anyway, if anyone happens to notice the 219 update hit the client, please update this thread and I’ll patch the server. Otherwise, I’ll be on in the evenings Pacific time.

Edit: Ah, looks like Irma may be involved in the delay. (No reference to v269 in his feed, but still.)

Restarting the server to enable showing player location on the map. No one is logged in at this moment, so this shouldn’t blindside anyone, I hope!

Oh, I forgot to mention it the other day. It doesn’t seem like the server auto-saves on updates (or when stopping the server)? I mentioned it to Ragan to look into. He shut it down to make a change right after I logged, and I lost some time playing. That doesn’t really make much sense, but something happened that time.

Oh shoot, I’ll start manually backing up prior to restarting in the future. I was sure I read that restarts include a backup step. Clearly I was wrong!

Yeah, not sure I can explain it, but it seemed to happen one time. Just something to keep an eye on.

Thanks!

Server is down :(

Why does it crash so much? :( :( :(

I hope you increased the autosave interval because I just got like 1200 cementing paste! :( :( :(

No idea! I wasn’t in at the time. I’ll check it out now.

Current autosave is every 15 min.

Edit: Looks like it was a host network outage. I’m only basing that on the amount of downtime and other factors. Server admin access was partially down too at the time, but came back up within ~5 minutes, just as I was about to contact them.

This could hit any time today or tomorrow but my guess is 8-10pm Pacific tonight. Stay tuned.

Also as a general FYI, the server has gone down at least a couple of times in the past couple of days, and the hosting comp has also been experiencing latency and outages. I don’t think that’s connected to the upcoming patch.