Haha looks like fun.
So they’re an arboreal kaprosuchus?
Pretty much! (Thylacoleo.)
272 just hit, server is restarting, game clients will need to be updated as well:
Current Version: v272.0
- Fixed a server crash that some hosts were getting after uninstalling certain mods.
- Re-Added “My Survivors” menu option
- Temporarily removed HDR option, was causing some graphics issues at the moment.
- Big Ragnarok update: 20% more map area, various changes and fixes, full Ragnarok notes here: https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/260921-ragnarok-sw-desert-update-1011/
Ragnarok Southwest Desert (Part 1/3):
We’re excited to be releasing the first installment of the Ragnarok desert!
The desert will be released in three sections that will open up for the players
as each section is complete. This will be the least dangerous section of the desert
- Ability to place tree platforms on some desert rocks
- oil/water veins
- Explorable canyons
- dense metal and obsidian locations
- Flat building plateaus
- New vista locations
- 3 caves (2 building caves)
- Increased chance of Spinos spawning
- Decreased total Coel amount in the ocean
- Moved Leeds away from the coast/coastal inlets
- (Should now spawn farther out in the ocean)
- New Giga Spawn added in the Southwest region (Near Green Obelisk)
- Increased chance of Therizino spawns
- Wyverns added into Purple Crystal Wyvern Den off the coast
- (This will help eggs show up more frequently as well)
- Desert Spawns readjusted and ready for new section of map
Over 300 + Bug Fixes:
(This includes but not limited to)
- Fixed tall grass in swamp (lowered to not be 3 foundations high)
- Fixed mesh hole exploits
- Fixed many player stuck points
- Fixed floating foliage
- Fixed mesh collision
- Fixed water now working in rivers
- Fixed player/dino teleport issues
- Fixed some dinosaur spawn issues
- Fixed boss fight exploits
- Fixed Dungeon exploits
- Fixed unreachable resources
- Fixed unobtainable supply drops
- Fixed Proxy issues
- Fixed Volume issues
Pay attention to amounts when using the S+ transfer feature. I lost around 2k of raw meat this morning when doing a transfer directly to a fridge from a nearby dino; it claimed to have transferred but did not end up in the fridge.
This was on Ragnarok, and not on your server; just a PSA for an apparent S+ bug.
Good to know, thanks for the heads-up. I transfer raw meat to a grill instead of to a fridge, but I don’t think the issue could be fridge specific. Edit: Oh, you started experiencing this with v272? I have a feeling we’ll see a couple more patches before today is over.
From the Ragnarok Discord:
Q: which part of the desert is open?
A: the lower left portion of the area that was previous blocked off, immediatey adjacent to the SW area that was released earlier
Just about finished with my giga trap sounds like just in time :P
Couple things. New weather is fun now have a ton of fog and temps change drastically in the rain and snow.
Look what I found over near Kels little slice of heaven…
The trap worked perfectly. Took me just over 310 bolts to drop him and another 200 narcs to keep him down. Lucky for me I had two Q eggs to make kibble and a couple pieces of mutton or I would of been in trouble.
Wow, I will have to check out that trap construction, unless you’ve already taken it back to your base. Personally I may take a pass on gigas on this server, but I’m still curious.
Run into any issues on the server today? One fairly significant bug has already been squashed and I haven’t heard of any others yet, which is surprising.
Traps very easy you need four dino gates (metal) and a large bear trap. You set up three gates as a dead end with the bear trap in the middle. Tricky part is to get said Giga to chase you and go into the dead end. Once it triggers the trap you have 10 secs to run behind it and drop the fourth door to seal it in. The only other issue is the Giga can and will nail you as you run behind it to set the door. To avoid this I flew a wide circle around him as he tried to eat the door and gotr lucky enough to drop the door before he noticed me.
Of course in true Grem style I still managed to get close enough that he nailed me once… ( i had 20 hps left )
As far as the server goes the only thing i noticed was a lag or stutter every ten to 15 mins. Nothing major but it was there.
Make sure you all pack winter ware. i was freezing at one point trying to tame that giga in an area that wasnt cold before. I had mostly Flack on at the time. The lowest it got was 5 degrees. Not fun in the middle of a tame HAHA
Grats on the giga! I figured Ragan would be first, since his base sounds like its next door to the new spawn point.
Freezing temps do seem to be a lot more common. Like, every dang time it rains. Hopefully they realize rain doesn’t cause 60-degree plus temperature drops and fix that.
Also noticed an occasional hitch, but thought that was more my client than the server. In general things seemed smoother, performance/fps-wise.
Actually, on my beach on the east shore, it would frequently get down to -4 degrees, so that may not be different in the highlands from before. I will have to keep a close look now, though. I have my fortitude high enough now (34?) that I can get to zero degrees in flak and not take damage, I believe.
Biggest issue I saw was during rain storms temp was dropping a ton. Currently have my fort at 50 am starting to think i may need to bump it up closer to 60 or 70 haha.
v272.3 just hit:
Current Version: v272.3
- Optimized Ground Clutter rendering, saving significant CPU and GPU performance
- Re-added HDR support in Options Menu (Fullscreen Exclusive mode only, and requires native resolution for many TV’s)
- Added 2 additional Aberration Cosmetics to Season Pass: Bulbdog Mask and Reaper Helmet
Edited to add a couple of things I observed today in the Ragnarok Discord:
- Structures Plus will be made official (I assume this means it will be pulled into core ARK, no idea what that means for servers already using S+)
- Abberation has been pushed back (“delayed by several weeks”)
Any interest in the upcoming Aberration expansion? It’s technically possible to cluster more than one map together on a single server and/or plan so that players can move back and forth with their existing characters.
Waking up on ‘Aberration’, a derelict, malfunctioning ARK with an elaborate underground biome system, survivors face exotic new challenges unlike anything before: extreme radioactive sunlight and environmental hazards, ziplines, wingsuits, climbing gear, cave dwellings, charge-batteries, and far more, along with a stable of extraordinary new creatures await within the mysterious depths. But beware the ‘Nameless’: unrelenting, Element-infused humanoids which have evolved into vicious light-hating monstrosities! On Aberration, survivors will uncover the ultimate secrets of the ARKs, and discover what the future holds in store for those strong and clever enough to survive!
If enough people are interested – and Kelan is as well, of course – I’d be willing to help cover the likely $ increase.
Sign me up.
Sounds good. Shoot me some PMs when you are ready to work out the details.