Ark: Survival Evolved - Dinos and Leveling Survival Game

Interested but my time will be limited in the next week or so due to destiny 2.

Pm me where i can send some money to pitch in for new/existing costs.

Great, thanks for the responses. I’ll start working on this in the next week or so, starting with some coordination with Kelan and Ragan (a non-qt3 player on the server who has done this before with other maps).

v273 update today:

Current Version: v273.0

• Added the capability to “Lay On” Simple Bed and Modern Bed (2 people on Modern Bed). If you log out while laying on bed, you’ll remain in sleeping pose on the bed even when you log-out, and will stay on the bed even while it moves on a dynamic platform. (You can still be damaged and killed when on the bed).
  • Added the capability for another player to “Lock” handcuffed players to Seating Structures (including Chairs, Benches, Beds, etc). When locked to a structure, the handcuffed player will appear to have a cable connecting them to the structure, and be forced to sit on the structure. This state persists across logging out as well. Another player can also “Unlock” you from the Structure, or remove the handcuffs. Chairs within Cages are thus very useful for transportation of prisoners.
  • When handcuffed, Poop now is forced directly into Slot 1. Prisoners can consume it rapidly as it builds up to attempt suicide.
  • Fixed saving/loading of Lamp Post Light intensity value.

I tried this and it was cool, but then it got to night. Every time we logged back in it was pitch black (single player) and we just died over and over in the pitch black. Waited a long time, but just death death death again and again. Didn’t know how to create a fire or a shelter, no prompts or tutorial.
Unfortunately, uninstalled. Dinosaurs looked amazing though!

Guap, you should just try our server out a bit. You could hang out at the guys’ awesome base and learn the game at your own pace from a safe base.

Our server also has 2x night speed so days are longer.

Look at the bottom right in options → keyboard, and assign your gamma settings to something. I had to change the higher gamma to something else (a little higher) before I could get it to persist through restarts.

You can also do it via console (tab). gamma 3, etc. I think around 2.5 is default.

Mr. Forston’s tips about light settings are good. Regarding the rage-quit inducing stuff, my advice would be to treat the first ~30 levels as a sort of roguelike where you’re simply leveling a character and getting used to the game mechanics. Nothing else matters, really, for a while. Just focus on raising your core stats and confidence level. No matter what you do, those levels are going to be all about setting up basic stuff, trying to do stuff, dying, losing stuff, rebuilding stuff, trying to do more stuff and maybe doing better, dying & losing stuff, and starting again. Rinse and repeat.

As you continue to play, you’ll find it’s really more about focusing on milestones. For example (just my rough perspective): Milestone #1 (lvls 1-10): master food/water/temperature & basic temporary shelter, die a lot and lose possessions a lot, master user interface, UI quirks etc.; milestone #2 (lvls 11-20): better temp shelters and simple dino taming, master dino whistles, continue to die a lot and lose possessions a lot; milestone #3 (21-30): better dinos, medium-lvl temp shelters, more sustainable food production, still die a lot and lose less stuff; milestone #4 (31-40) much better shelter & start branching out to everything else, probably still die a lot but don’t lose as much stuff each time. Etc.

Case and point… I tried to tame a bee earlier… Key word there is tried.

Bees absolutely kicked my ass. Kono aced them somehow.

On a side note the season pass is marked down this weekend if you have thought about it on steam. believe i nabbed it for 32 or 33.

Bees are the original reason I started to assemble a dimorphodon flock. I read they were very useful for breaking open the hives without gettign eaten alive yourself. Now I’m just assembling it because dimorphodons are cool. And to defend my mountaintop (plateautop?) retreat.

Just use bug repellant / Ghillie armore, and have an argent or something nearby that you can retreat to when they chase. Works for me anyway :-)

Couple of public forges set up. Anyone in tribe (and anyone can join tribe) can bed-travel to forges, jump on the 150 stock mate-boosted Ankies there and collect metal and crystal in the area. Pelagornis Bay offers over 5.3k metal ingots per haul now (and has a resident Quetzal), and Oluf Jungle offers ~1k crystal & 800 metal ingots. So bed-travel in, gather the mats, place them in the forges, bed-travel back out and come back later to pick what’s left up.

“Oluf Jungle?” “Pelagornis Bay?” Your present location is listed on the Inventory screen and the individual beds are named.

Found myself a wyvern egg wile flying around looking for alphas this afternoon. Going to have to start thinking about taking down a wyvern or two now.

Wyvern raising sounds like a huge pain. Stealing eggs is amusing, but apparently to raise a wyvern baby, you need to supply it with wyvern milk, which can only be obtained by knocking out a wyvern. Maybe we should coordinate hatching eggs some time and team up on a parent.

Wyverns are on the bucket list, agreed they sound like a pain.

This calls for a remote base! New project acquired!

Haha i like it.

I have mastered the BEES. bug repellent was the key for me. I love that you can coat your mount as well.

(Not out yet, still slated for "November’.)

I rarely unequipped my climbing picks while running around in Aberration, and you can see why above: I missed a jump and still managed to hook myself on and claw my way to the top. Since the danger of falling to death is going to be such a big factor in these deep caves and chasms, you’ll always want to have some extra picks in your inventory.

Ziplines, which you can fire across gaps with crossbows and then anchor with a second shot, provide another fun way of traversing the map. And you’re not limited to just sliding down them. Craft a zipline motor and (provided it’s got enough fuel) you can slide up ziplines as well as down.

There are no flying dinosaurs in Aberration, so you’ll have to make do with gliding. Luckily, it’s pretty satisfying. I’ll definitely miss the convenience of hovering on a winged dino, but gliding adds a bit of immediacy and risk. You can get some lift while skimming through the air with your glider wings, but it’s not at all like mounted flying and being able to carefully choose a spot to land. I got a bit better after some practice, but still had plenty of crash landings.

Combine these three new systems (after all the crafting you’ll need to build these items) and you’ve got a fun way to get around the new underground biomes. If you’re ziplining and you need to make a quick escape, you can drop off the line and glide away. Can’t quite stick the landing? Get your climbing pick out and try to latch onto something while you plummet.

It is a distant possibility that the server locked up because of me using the s+ transfer tool. Just bringing it to the thread’s attention.

And it’s back. I won’t do that again.