Ark: Survival Evolved - Dinos and Leveling Survival Game

Ragan got us reset, I believe. Thanks for the heads up.

haha Pall dont kill the server :P

I’m kind of amazed that that’s even possible.

I don’t know what Lord_Pall was doing, but maybe the device he used isn’t optimized for higher numbers of objects, and the transfer resulted in some sort of db query that was too much for the server. Shrug

Put him on probation… hold his bronto hostage… no wait take over his sweet water pen there we go. Inc Mosa…

Aberration release date is now December 12. Stay tuned for clustered instance status updates.

Attempting to raise an Ice Wyvern baby, after some fun with Grem tonight. It all depends on whether or not we managed to obtain enough milk from several wild wyverns this evening. That was a LOT of fun. :)

Some thoughts from a wyvern milker.

1. Wyverns are super fast
    2 Griffons are super slow when out of Stamina
    3 Water is a great place to hide right up until you run out of air
    4 Poison wyverns will wreck your day

Ugh, sounds like another Grembel day.

Also, totally agree on the poison wyverns. Had one tag me the other day.

Looks like fun. Haven’t been on much lately, not done with it, just free time is dominated by destiny atm.

Will Aberation have S+ stuff at launch? Or will we have to wait for a mod patch?

Not sure Kono, Hopefully S+ right out of the gate. Ragan took Ber and I on an Ice Queen run. Good stuff.

I bought the expansion pack for this on X1. I think one expansion is out already, how do I get to that content?

I don’t think they’ll be tying it to Aberration. I think it’ll get added to core at some point. And you are missed. We’re getting into boss battles now, finally, thanks to Ragan’s genius. He’s leading guided tours. :) Grem got a trophy today.

The most recent available expansion available is Scorched Earth, but Aberration is due out in a few weeks or so. I don’t think you’ll be able to join the Qt3 server via Xbox, but if you can get it on PC just PM me for server details.

It looks like Aberration is going to be very different from all other flavors of ARK. You might want to just jump on a simple, friendly, private PVE server and give The Island or Ragnarok a try, before grabbing any expansions. Lots of folks advertise servers on reddit. If you end up liking the game and it turns out that your ragequit threshold is high, then at that point you might want to pick up Scorched Earth and/or Aberration.

Aberration looks so fun. I am going to go on record and say I hope its super brutal right out of the gate:P

What times are you guys doing bosses and what are the prereqs?

I can pause d2 occasionally.

Just reach out to Ragan. He’s randomly inviting folks to join the fun. The experience lasts about 30 minutes and there’s no schedule.

All you need to bring is cold gear. No weapons required. He currently has enough Baryonyxes to carry three adventurers. I let Grembel and Calelari grab trophies on my two runs, and plan to do a few more.

On a side note Ber I snagged a 165 fire egg out of the trench this evening. only saw one nest so they must repop slowly.

Where did we land on Aberration? Are we going to be able to get an instance going on our current server?

@barstein and I discussed Aberration in PMs a bit, but nothing concrete yet.

I haven’t had time to research it yet, but Ragnarok was available as a server and the hosting company has it in their best interests to make the new map available as soon as possible. As soon as it is supported, and I can work out the details, we will get one up and linked to our current map as long as it is possible.

Some of you have offered to help with the costs. We will work that out once we figure out what it will take and hammer out the final details.

Let me know about cost help as well.

Sounds good Kel keep us in the loop. I am personally pretty excited about this expansion. I see a lot of death involved.