Ark: Survival Evolved - Dinos and Leveling Survival Game

Come move near us!

Kono and I relocated last night. Lord_pall tagged along for the road trip. Nice large flat area that feels pretty secure. Except for a rock drake that dropped into the base last night. Going to have to rely on packs of dinos to keep the compound secure.

I planted one of those plants last night. Apparently they produce some sort of crazy light grenade fruit that can be thrown at grues nameless to reduce their health.

No Idea how Ragan and I survived our expedition last night hehe. I did get to see the nameless king spawn in as ragan was hiding in his stone shack. Thankfully it fell off the ledge behind his outpost. We did spot a 140 (max level) drake on our way down to the blue biom. All in all it was a great adventure. One death as we climbed out. Ragan got to experience the nameless “poison”.

On a side note I have a gas collector up and running. It produces a ton of gas if anyone needs feel free to grab some. I crafted a full suit of hazard armor. Going to explore the top a bit more tonight maybe.

You forgot to mention there is metal everywhere down in the swamp!

But yeah, I hid while you watched the nameless chew on my hut. When my bulbdog recharged I was able to drive them off. Now that I know what to expect, I’ll be going back down there maybe tonight or Thursday to expand the house and start on a dino pen.

I’ll need to get a bunch of plant z seeds to create a charge field to keep the nameless at bay and probably a bunch of auto-turrets to kill anything that makes it over the walls. I’ll have to drag a couple bulbdogs down there as well.

FYI, Restarting the Aberration server to add some S+ configuration settings that will allow you to pull the Aberration resources

Has the Ragnarok server been restarted lately? It appears to be lagging behind in mod versions.

Do you happen to know which mod? When next I see no one logged in, I’ll restart the Rag server after blindly updating all mods.

Nope, the popup didn’t say. But I’d imagine S+, with all the updates its gotten to support Aberration.

It couldn’t be S+because I updated it this week. No worries, at the next window I’ll just update all the Rag mods one at a time.

False alarm. On a hunch I checked Rocket’s account and it seems you guys have added a couple mods since last Saturday :)

The auto-subscribe feature for mods doesn’t work correctly when multiple people use the same Steam install.

Yeah, we added the oil compressor and armor stand.

v275.52 just hit and I updated the Rag server. Someone is currently playing on the Aber server so I will wait and update it later.

• Fixed Rock Drake aerial pounce on Aberration
  • Fixed Rock Drake losing forward-momentum when jumping off ground
  • Chain-Bola’ed Rockdrakes can no longer move while climbing and Bola’ed
  • Fixed Ravager getting stuck when dismounting/remounting on zipline
  • Fixed inability to activate weapon attachments (‘N’ key)
  • Fixed Grappling players into Tek Shield (detaches Grapple)
  • Fixed kiting Nameless into Fertile areas of Aberration (they’ll now leave when they go underground in such areas)
  • Reduced rate of battery depletion in structures by 33%
  • Rollrats now have 20% weight from Wood, but 100% weight from Stone, as intended
  • Aquatic Mushrooms reduce Biolum Poison debuff by 5 seconds per consumption, rather than 1
  • Fixed issue with cavewolf being offset above zipline when reconnecting to server

Edit: Haven’t been able to update today because of logged-in players. Hopefully folks with updated game clients (not sure if the latest patch touches the client or not) will still be able to get in. I’ll find out when I get home, but if anyone has issues/observations please share them here.

I was able to get in an hour or so ago. Seems to be okay so far. I am done for the night.

Thanks again, guys.

Great, sounds like it’s a server-side update only.

Server down?

Updating now

I literally just updated it and restarted it.

Sorry if I stomped on you. Wish there was a way to see if someone else is logged into the GTX control panel.

No worries, and agreed. I guess we wait to let the server show up again. Seems to be taking longer than usual. Edit: it’s up.

Man they are on a roll with updates lately. Official servers are at 276 now. Suppose I am going to have to turn off auto updates lol.

Finally got a little traction on Aberration. I got a stone building up with a little pen and got my first dinos and a ladder inside to the roof so that I can snipe things from safety up there hopefully. I am hoping I can at least sustain a bit now :).

Logging in to a pack of ravagers the other day almost wiped out my progress, but I have recovered for now.

Grab a ravager or two. They are good guard dogs and mobility is nice.

If anyone gets a chance the server needs to be updated.