Ark: Survival Evolved - Dinos and Leveling Survival Game

So how many folks are playing these days on the the server(s)? Is everyone mostly playing the Rag or the Aber? This is definitely sounding like there’s enough new stuff to jump back in for a bit…

5 or 6 of us on Aber ATM. In my eyes its by far the best Map to date. Just hard enough you cant relax early game. New dinos are fun.

In the process of updating both servers to v276

Edit: Servers are updated and running
Edit2: Disabled structure collision so I could build my base in the swamp.

Thanks, Ragan. Much appreciated.

It’s definitely worth it if you’re up for a serious challenge. Quick tips:

1. Build your starter shack near enough to a water source that you can safely/quickly rehydrate when in base.
  2. Craft a few water skins and always keep them on you or on your dino.
  3. Keep a stack of aggeravic mushrooms on your hotbar at all times. (Antidote to the hallucinations caused by another mushroom).
  4. Tame a raptor as early on as possible, or a ravager if you’re brave to try while still on foot. Try not to run around and do stuff on foot; good recipe for dying a lot.
  5. Once you have a raptor or three, focus on getting a few ravagers. These are essential in early/mid game.
  6. Once you have a pack of ravagers, you’re in a stronger position and can start focusing on bigger projects, such as moving to a more permenant location.

Believe it or not, I have survived at my new base for the past week without ever drinking from a water source. I am just using the water based mushrooms. It is a bit of a pain, but it has been working. They drain food a bit and take forever to restore 10 or so water, but they can work.

Starting by water is better, though!

Uh, what happened to the Ragnarok server? It is listed as a 70 player PvP server now.

Yeah, I was asking that in our chain PM here. No idea. Will wait to see if one of the other guys knows something.

Ber I tamed a crab! level 50 took 8 shots from a catapult. Then spoiled meat for the tame. Its a must have for moving can jump well over a behemoth gate wile carrying two dinos. Will post a pick or two of the taming pen i used went super smooth.

Know/heard nothing about the Rag server being modified.

Side note ark 276 supposedly completed the Rag map up to 99%.

Hey @Grembel, what is that catapult doin up there?

Nice looking crab! I can’t believe how far you can jump with that thing.

Yes, 276.11 and 276.0 both changed Ragnarok extensively. No idea about the other stuff, though! Edit: Ended up rolling Rag back to a previous backup, then updating it again. Fingers crossed.

Nice job on the crab, Grem! And thanks for the Spino help! Managed to grab two eggs and got 3 spinos out of it.

Thanks, @barstein! Yeah, not sure what is going on. It is very strange what is going on with Ragnarok.

There is still something really messed up. I logged in this morning to catch up again, and go on another harvesting run since we rolled back before the one I did earlier in the week. I eventually noticed that there were zero wild dinos in the world. I forgot some berries for my mount so I jumped off and tried to gather a few with my hands, and nothing happened. Then, I grabbed a pick and an axe and tried to chop a tree or stone and while it did make a sound and show the graphical effects that I was hitting them, I was retrieving zero resources.

This is a bit above my knowledge at this point, but I wanted to pass it on. Hopefully one of us can figure out what is going on and get us back up again. I should be around today, and in Aber some, so maybe we can come up with a plan.

Have to knock him out with a catapult or a cannon ball to the face. Good stuff.

Got a charge lantern made… Ragan you need to make one asap. Biggest issue is the red gem but after that they are so worth it. You can use them as a weapon against the nameless i believe.

This is weird. I logged into the Rag server and indeed no wild dinos are anywhere to be found, even after running the admin command to refresh them. Also, there are now map changes and our base has been invaded by terrain features. Thirdly, some terrain features are ghost-like, and you go right through them. Something is happening here, but I’m not sure what! Still researching.

Updated the Aberration server to the latest, which includes “Holiday Event” content.

• One-time Wild Dino respawn
  • 5% chance of Xmas colored creatures
  • 50% chance of white-colored Dire Bears
  • All hat-wearing wild dinos are wearing Santa hats
  • 12am thru 5am provides temporary buff to live connected players which boosts loot crate quality by 40% (over base values, 15% over LioMagic values), drops more loot, and adds more cosmetics to loot crate drops

Unexpected Aberration server crash. No casualties, restarting now.

Are the expansion mandatory at this stage? I assume the server you guys are running/playing on require at least Aberation?

Have to have aberration to play on that server.

Made a chem table and discovered a new recipe. You can make gasoline out of gas bubbles and green gems.

Looks like you really only need oil for just a few things.