Ark: Survival Evolved - Dinos and Leveling Survival Game

I would be interested. have not played a few of the maps so might be fun if theres still room.

Plenty of room, Grembel. I’ll send you the same info in PM. They are 25-player instances.

I have 3 out of the 4 disabled for BattleEye, Aberration currently has my buddy online, I’ll fix it later this evening.

For the cross server chat that might take a bit. I had an error with the API since they try to auto-install it and the directory structure doesn’t match. I’ll submit a ticket and they will probably get to it over the weekend.

Many thanks.

No worries at all. Now just need to figure out some stuff about what can and can’t transfer to Aberration.

I’ve started on the Scorched Earth server and right now I’m huddled in my thatch hut, needing water, while a sandstorm is raging.

In other words, typical Ark.

Actually I think typical would be you already built out a nice stone fortress not far from the newbie spawn but a rogue alpha trex just spawned and wiped out the beach and everything you had.

I love early Ark. It’s scary.

All 4 servers are now Battle Eye free.

My first night back in Ark has ended. I died once at lvl7, then a whole ton from lvl20 to 25 and lost my first tame (scorpion).

Now I’ve got 2 sabertooths (that I can’t ride yet) as storage/bodyguards/preserving bins. I made a small adobe shack and shoved the cats inside so they would be safe while I’m offline.

I’ve got a daedon (pig) wandering down in the river bed in front of my base. Need to figure out if I can kill or tame it. Really need crystal for the spyglass and desert cloth gear.

All in all, not a bad night.

Damn, 2 sabertooths?!? That’s doing great for a start. Breeding pair?

Skrug and I both transferred in to Aberration, though he thought he needed to transfer naked, which really slowed things down until he could find a beacon to use to transfer out and back.

We set up along the lake, I believe it’s the spot where Grembel used to be, or close to it. The short double mesa step up that overlooks the lake, not too far from a gas vent along the shoreline.

I had honestly forgotten how tough Aberration can be in comparison. I’m right below level 70 and died at least a dozen times last night. We didn’t take anything beyond what we were wearing and had in inventory (mistake) and even getting something basic set up took a long time. The worst part of the evening was the basalisk that showed up and killed us both at least 5 times each. We were finally able to train it away from the base.Then the ravagers showed up. Fortunately we now have one tamed. It’s been pretty funny watching Trip (Skrug) try to figure out what things are and run like a screaming kid away from things.

Tames for the evening: 2 scorpions, a raptor, a trike, and a ravager.
Tames killed: 1 scorpion, 1 raptor.

Things we learned: On the cluster trasfer menu, bottom left, you have to check the “password protected” tickmark before you’ll see the rest of the cluster members to transfer to.

I’m putting in the ticket for cross-server chat this morning. We will see how it goes.

Oh yeah, I remember starting on Aberration. And to think you are starting in the easy/safe spot.

I decided to try a hard starter location on Scorched Earth. I could barely do anything because of all the predators around me. When I died (my lvl 7 death), I respawned in an easier zone, with some semi-close access to water.

Yeah I set up on the small cliff and hung my base over the cliff worked very nicely. Going to try and get going on scorched earth as well. Have never played that map so should be fun.

Ok got set up in scortched earth… death toll at least 20… thatch hut constructed

Things are starting to pick up for me. First, I tamed “Worst of the Worst”, a lvl 5 lymantra. The lowest possible level of the worst flier, but he gives me mobility.

From there I was able to find and mine metal for metal tools. While I was gathering wood, I found a stuck thorny dragon (the beaver of Scorched Earth) and a stuck Morellatops. I tranqed both and now I have wood/thatch/berry gathering dinos, so I can really ramp up productions.

I being a complete noob on scortched earth have suffered…greatly…

I bet i died at least 20 times last night. At one point I had a raptor leap through the front door of my hut eat me and then chew a hole through the hut to get out hahahahaha. Thinking man what a fluke that would never happen again in a million years…

Right before i am logging off a raptor chews a hole in the side of my hut to get to me :P

Loving scortched earth .

Just wait, there are still more suprises on Scorched Earth that I have “neglected” to mention.

Oh i cant wait for a stone golem to appear and stomp me.

Cross server chat should be on since last night I believe, though I haven’t played with the config the hosting company was able to get things working.

It was a semi-productive day yesterday on Aberration. The initial shack was expanded, we have water, we have an upgrade station, and more storage. Then we lost a ravager, a trike, and a scorpion to a ravager pack, but we were able to tame a Doed in the meantime. While I was out with the missus, Skrug apparently got stuck and died, then died about 4 times trying to do a corpse run. “Welcome to Aberration!”

Also another mention of the Upgrade Station mod. There is one station (and a later update) plus two add-ons to it, which are the blueprint station and the augmentation station.

Upgrade station has a manual you can construct for it as well but note that in addition to upgrades on gear, anything you get and never use can be deconstructed for partial mats within it. It helps a lot. Instead of storage full of crap loot pulled from beacons, you can break it down to materials for other things.

Just an update. The following will kick in tomorrow AM:
Server tag on cross-cluster chat (Aber, Island, Scorched, Ragnarok)
Silicon drop rate back to normal
Pelt drop rate back to normal
Chitin drop rate back to normal
Keratin drop rate back to normal

bPassiveDefensesDamageRiderlessDinos=true

• Base defenses will damage wild (riderless) dinos, which sounds like it will help you guys a lot.

Any suggestions on second base spot on Aberration? Mushroom Forest? What’s closer to doing a drake egg run but still okay for resources and safe (ish)?

Ragan had a nice base set up in the swamp just have to keep the light on.