Ark: Survival Evolved - Dinos and Leveling Survival Game

thank you so much I was having a hell of a time trying to pm skipper. -Kiptah. Also could it e possible to move the server reset time. Kyle and I are on the West coast and it sometimes interrupts us in the middle of things. It wouldnt have to be too long just maybe and hour or two. Thank you Boyos

No problem, man. I was out of town for the weekend. All servers have been modified to reboot now at 8AM EDT, which should be 2AM there for you guys.

Someone mentioned the servers need an update again? If so I’ll be home in a bit and address it. I’m going to resend info on how to fix that to a few of you in case this happens while I’m traveling.

Thank you so much Skipper.

No problem at all.

Update, the mods on The Center don’t seem to be updating to the client version. I attempted it this morning but was still getting the mod message after. I’m going to see if the full script running at 8AM EDT fixes things, but if not, could one of you let me know?

Hey Skipper, I tried to connect this morning to both the center and the island servers to make sure they ran ok. The center is running just fine however, the island was wiped and at day 0. Cancel that I just connected and everything on the island seems to be in order, how odd.

I can tell you why that happened. Right after a reboot, the servers display at day 0. Basically the server responds prior to the save being loaded. So you’ll see that update next, “tick,” on the server list. Sometimes it may take just a bit.

Really having fun with this new mod, Primal Fear. It’s a challenge but also a boon once you get into it a little bit. Besides having more things to build (mod specific smithy, forge and industrial forge) it also adds a lot of duplicate but better engrams. Like x9, x18, etc narcotic and related arrows/darts/bullets, as well as stimulant and even something they call Tame Helper, which is quite awesome. It speeds up the depletion of the food bar on taming, so by the time you put in taming food, it’s quite quick. Which leads to why these are needed.

The stats of dinos on different level tiers are insane. Things are bumped up 3x on the lowest level (toxic) but on the level you see the most, Alpha, the stats are 5x. And it’s every stat. Not just health, but also carry weight, melee, torpor, etc. They are harder to bring down (unless you’re using the new items,) but again, the reward is so much greater stats. Alphas are also bigger and strikingly colored. Some, like the Alpha Dodo I tamed today, have special abilities as well, you can ride that one like a normal mount, without a saddle.

Either way, as things progress, we’re starting to see higher and higher leveled tiered dinos, and they start to get a bit insane, you need a leveled dino to take on a higher tiered dino, etc. Skrug saw a Celestial Griffon today with health above a million. That’s … crazy. I have a Fabled Bronto nearby with health well over 100K. You NEED those new weapons, armor and dinos to take those down. I walled in said bronto and thought I would attempt to tame him. I’m wearing a full set of flak gear, upgraded to at least Journeyman or better quality. One tail swipe took my fully repaired gear to 2 items broken, and most of the others nearly broken. BIG damage.

At any rate, it becomes even more than the Rare Sightings mod, a hunt. A hunt for bigger, better, higher tiers. I love it. As an example, I have an alpha stego with 3k carry weight and an alpha dodo with 2.2K. This doesn’t even take into account their health and melee. It even makes collecting awesome.

Some pics…
A very large parasaur and dodo:

Dodo action shot:

Fighting a fabled trike:

Flying above the fabled bronto:

Some drops from a kill that my mount picked up, including modified bullets and shotgun ammo, modified narcotic and stimulant, and on the right side, some of the blood from that tiered kill. Blood is used in several of the engrams, from narcotic, to weapons and armor.

I know when I hopped over to the Center to deliver some kibble to Skruggle that a lvl45 prime rex was stomping around the blue obelisk. Wasn’t to worried until I saw it chomp some wild dino for over 23,000 damage.

I quickly sped away on my lowly lvl300+ spino before it saw me.

You were a very smart man for doing that. I’ve heard it is over there but I moved off the island before it showed up. My reason for leaving was a Malin. That’s a rare pink unicorn. You think, awww, that’s cute. Then it summons about 10 Jerboas that have 5K health each, and then they start attacking you.

Or the time I saw an alpha Theriz and thought that might make for a good tame, until it ran over and started slapping my Argent for 350+ damage from each swipe, and VERY quick swipes at that. Other alphas I’ve run in to: Pegomastax, Megalosaurus, Pteranodons, Brontos, and the usual suspects, Raptors, Rexs and Carnos.

Skrug and I both wandered a bit too close to the celestial griffon on the server. The first glimpse of it, you’re like, oh, it doesn’t have that much health. Then it lights up really bright and you’re struck by a beam, which lands a DoT, and your mount loses half it’s health from one shot.

It’s dangerous. I love it.

Hallu everybody, hope you guys are doing well, Kip here. The mods for the servers (except for abberation and SE) seemed to have another update and now puts the servers outta date again. I just thought Id let you guys know. Have a good one.

Yep, updating them now, Kip. I aim to please. Give them just a bit to get back online.

And please you very much do, I really appreciate what you do.

No worries at all man. Gotta remember we’re all having fun on the servers. When they are down I go through withdrawal. :)

Cluster users:

The Primal Fear has spread to Ragnarok. Those of you who pop over there, keep your eyes peeled just a little bit wider.

Also, apologies that those connecting to The Center or Ragnarok have another mod download, that has to do with balancing Primal Fear correctly on both of those servers. Transfers In/Out are now allowed for Dinos on those servers, but be aware you may lose things if you go outside of those two with any Primal Fear objects, armor, weapons, or dinos.

Those of you who might experience Primal Fear for the first time due to this change, be aware of the following:

Primal Fear dinos have labels, from weak to strong: Toxic, Alpha, Apex, Fabled, Elemental (Fire/Lightning/Poison,) Celestial/Demonic, Chaos/Spirit, Primal, Origin, (Named Dinos.)

• If you are on a normal dino, steer away unless you know what you are doing.
  • If possible, use a flyer between portal in and portal out.
  • If you are flying, on land or in the water, be wary of ANY dino with glowing eyes.
  • if you are flying, on land or in the water be wary of ANY dino with a glow effect of any color.
  • If you hear music, run.

Those of you playing Primal Fear, note that the difficulty to take down/tame those dinos is based on weapon tiers. With a high health dino, kill weaker Primal Fear dinos. Get dropped arrows and narcotics. Using engrams, learn to make better narcotics, then arrows for them. The higher level of narcotics, the better chance to knock out a Primal Fear dino (with fewer shots.) To progress to higher difficulty Primal Fear tames and kills, use the following order:
Arrows (with any vanilla bow or crossbow)
Tranq darts (with any vanilla longneck rifle)
Advanced Sniper Bullets (For Primal Sniper Rifle)
Metal Arrows (For Primal Compound Bow)

So tranq effects in Primal Fear are not just based on the tranquilizer used, but also the weapon it is used from. As an example, a Potent-tipped Metal Arrow is 3x more effective than a Potent-tipped Advanced Sniper Bullet.

No boss fights are affected with these changes.
I do not yet know if Primal dinos can be ported to boss fights.

EDIT: Additional warnings that I missed, above.

Oh! so, we can transfer dinos out of primal fear now as long as they are not primal fear generated? Me and Eliviar are still on the Island mostly, but it would be easy to start on ragnarok too if i could just take my normal dinos back and forth. Have you tried it yet by chance?

We have not. I will be tomorrow though and I’ll go update after, Kyle. I’d quizzed on the mod board and the responses were that transfers work, but I’m only convinced after I do something to verify.

That being said DO NOT transfer a Primal dino to a no dino server, or items, etc. You’ll probably lose them.

To confirm, Ragnarok is fully Primal Fear updated and allows Primal dino transfers in from The Center. Engrams are kept, as are Primal Fear items.

I did have to make one modification of the spawners (where dinos generate in areas) since apparently Ragnarok as a map is very unique and requires configuration that The Center did not. The server is rebooting now but should be all set once back up.

I did notice one bug, but wasn’t sure what it was about. I transferred a lightning griffin from The Center to Ragnarok. On The Center it was a bright yellow, most of them fit whatever element they have as abilities. On Ragnarok it showed up bright red with yellow claws and highlights. I know that some spawns can look different based on the biome they spawn in, so I don’t know if the color change was due to that, or as part of the transfer. All the abilities and spent upgrade points were the same though, so if it is just a color shift, I’m okay with that.

Skrug has now had two kills on the Ape boss on The Center. I have had one kill on Captain Black Boulder. The Ape boss dropped element, and apparently all the dinos from the Primal Fear Boss add-on will do so.

Those do not replace the normal bosses accessed from Obelisks, rather they can spawn anywhere on the map. Happy hunting.

Also, I forgot to answer this part, Kyle:

That is correct. Anything without the primal naming additions (and stats, etc) can be ported to any other server now if you need them. Primal Fear dinos are allowed outbound, but will only work between The Center and Ragnarok.

Things are progressing well on Ragnarok. It took a hard wild dino wipe, but that jump started the Primal Fear spawning so that things now seem much more infested, so to speak. Skrug hopped over for a bit yesterday and we went on a tear killing and grabbing things. Being such a large map, Ragnarok takes the Primal Fear content very well, you can see rarity, and yet some places are quite dangerous, as they should be.

I’ve set up public Stargates at each Obelisk as well as one roughly toward the center of the map in an interesting area, Central Canyon.

Some pics of the new beasties.

A fabled brachiosaurus, a fabled trike, and an alpha bronto sitting outside a small beginner base near the blue obelisk:

A fabled grifficorn that Skrug picked up. How big is it? Big enough to pick up and fly with a spinosaurus:

This little couple was side by side in the wild. I couldn’t just leave one, so both had to be tamed. I heard they live longer as a mated pair:

The beginnings of a new base, on top of the ruined bridge:

What a very dangerous origin (godly) rex looks like. Note: stay far, far away:

The killing of Captain Black Boulder, using a fire griffin:

I’ve got several stargates scattered around as well. Mostly to help with artifact gathering.

But I’ve pretty much gathered all the artifacts I need right now along with all the tributes I need to finish off the Island bosses.

So far I’ve defeated the Gamma, Beta, and Alpha Manticore (Scorched Earth boss), Broodmother, and Megapithecus bosses. I need to get a ton of veggie cakes made, then I’ll be starting on the Dragon. Once I’ve at least done the Gamma and Beta Dragon, I think I’ll start practicing for the Tek cave and Ascension.

With the Beta Dragon I can get the Tek Transmitter, which is a portal obelisk. Then I can make a couple of those and move over to Aberration (and not worry about finding a drop to transfer off) and start working on defeating Rockwell.

The toughest boss fight so far has been the Alpha Broodmother. I downloaded the Island server and set it up on my home server and did a few practice runs. First two were with rexes. Lost 7 rexes the first fight, then 5 the next. After that, I switched to therizin’s with veggie cakes for healing and a daedon for more healing. I killed the Broodmother twice again, losing only one therizin each time.

When I finally did on live, I was more on top of my healing and killed the Alpha Broodmother with no therizin deaths.

How do you solo heal like that? Are you jumping from Theriz to Theriz?

On the Manticore I noticed you jumped off a rex and over to the Yuty for the boost, then back (if I recall correctly.) But I thought the point of the Daedon was he healed the others with HIS food inventory?

I have a lot to learn about boss fights. You’ve got element on farm status now, but note that the mini-bosses from Primal Fear drop element. I don’t believe there are any tek engram drops though. Only artifacts.