Arkane Austin's System Shock-Inspired Prey (2017) Reboot

With the exploit I built myself out to a total of 50 9mm and 50 shotgun shells, 7 extra neuromods, and 35 of each material. I had more a lot more shotgun and 9mm shells, 150 but I dumped in a random corner I’ll never find as it felt too overwhelmingly cheaty. Did I overdo it? I can dump stuff if I did.

It’s your game, play it your way. Really. So far, there aren’t any Video Game Exploit Police to come get you. Yet.

You have much better self-control than me. I gave myself 300 shotgun shells and like 20 neuromods, to fill out the movement speed and stealth traits.

Jesus F. so many cheaters in here

lol it plays into my gaming OCD. “Leave no crumpled paper behind!”

I maintain that in a single player game there is no such thing as cheating, only creative advantages. And yes, I absolutely do take Kirk’s side on the Kobayashi Maru simulation.

I know. I couldn’t stop myself. I’M A FILTHY JUNKIE!

Playing on hard, I can count the number of times I looked up and said I was ready to conquer all of the landsraad. Basically a situation like this:

40+ shotgun shells
60+ 9mm bullets
10+ med kits
200+ glue ammo

• at least a significant number of either batteries of cells for the G-gun thingy.
  • 10+ of each grenade.

After a big crafting session, that still left me ok on materials (e.g. 10+). This has happened like 3-4 times.

I currently have:

5 shotgun shells
41 9mm bullets
less than 10 of each grenade (save recycle; it’s like 6 lures, 7 EMP, 5 null going through them quickly now. But I think I have 10 or 11 recycle still)
no batteries
enough laser cells to maybe kill one thing of Phantom+ size but I doubt it. Actually not sure I could kill a phantom.
4 medkits.
4 Minerals.

Fuck my life I’m not sure how I’m going to pull the next stretch off, given that there appear to be multiple tough enemies between me and my goal. I have 20 psi stims but don’t think they will help enough. The grenades are going to have to carry me but I have to fight outside which could be difficult.

I do love this game, though. I can see where a playthrough with foreknowledge would be even easier relatively speaking. Knowing that judicious area tackling (popping into some places at first but not doing very much e.g.) would help preserve resources. I am in fact very fascinated by the idea of optimizing runs through this game. Can’t speak highly enough about it. Also, thanks for no boss fights so far, Arkane (I suspect I am close to ending it if I so choose - lots of unresolved sidce quests - and I don’t expect one to pop up). No @Grifman - I personally wouldn’t consider that a boss (I suspect you don’t either).

MMORPG posted a feature today discussing the title’s lackluster interest levels: If You Believe Google Trends, Prey is in Serious Trouble.

More people are searching for bombs like Bulletstorm Remastered, Drawn to Death, and Battleborn than Prey.

Even though the game suffered from genuinely bad marketing, which isn’t helped by a generic name, I would have thought that Arkane’s status would have generated a lot of good-will.

Anyone taking advantage of a bug to make their own ‘babby mode’ is a dirty cheat and should be ashamed! ;)

If you need ‘creative advantages’ there are plenty of trainers around, see if you can restrain yourselves from using such features as:

Unlimited Health/Suit/Stamina/Ammo/Energy/Skill Points/Credits/Consumables/Flashlight
No Reload
Instant Cooldowns
Longer Hacking Timer
Stealth Mode
Super Damage

Actually, unlimited flashlight sounds handy… :)

Anyone know how to get into Volunteer Testing (not the Volunteer Quarters - both are in the Neuromods Division). The keypad has all "X’s"on it. I guess I could hack it but I don’t have level 2. Is there any other way? Google is of no help. Thanks.

So far, the biggies for me are:

• Inventory increases
  • Typhon organs harvesting
  • Recycle yield increase
  • Sneak attacks

UPS nerfed my pre-order and lost it completely. I was supposed to be playing this last weekend, not this one.
I didn’t even have to call Amazon about it. They just automatically re-shipped it (not sure how they knew it was lost - UPS must have reported back to them), and I had it on Wednesday, and am just starting it.
And I’m loving it.

I bought this because of repeated references in this thread to System Shock 2. Sugar plums were dancing in my head. How could I lose? To make it better, I apparently missed out on all of the technical stuff due to the lateness of my game. The thing is running smooth as butter. Absurdly high framerates, and low temps on my video card. My 1070 isn’t even breaking a sweat at 62C. No technical difficulties at all, after nearly 3 hours.

IGN re-reviewed PREY with the newest patch. 8.0

The game seems to be stuttering a bit every now and again, where before the patch it didn’t. Anyone else notice? I also just got my first crash!

No stuttering here.
One of those articles mentioned stuttering with an nVidia card running the latest drivers. He claimed that rolling the drivers back one version previous fixed it. Three hours in and I haven’t had a single stutter. Then again, my drivers are probably two versions old. I tend not to upgrade my drivers often, generally only when my old ones are causing me problems, or if I hear a certain game I’m playing benefits greatly from a new driver.

This nvidia hotfix might help:

• This hotfix resolves a stutter issue experienced on some configurations while playing Prey

It happens on Xbox One too. I think it’s an underlying Unreal engine issue since it hit all 3 platforms.[quote=“Paul_cze, post:345, topic:78708, full:true”]
I was under the impression that the save corruption bug happened only on PC version. Shame to hear you are having issues.
[/quote]

We still don’t have a patch for PS4. I’m tired of having to read all the dialogue instead of getting to hear the excellent voice acting I’m sure exists. Not to mention all the other bugs - some repairable items with no hotspot is bugging me worse now that I have upgraded to repair skill II.

Oh, thanks! That seems to have done the trick. :)