Arkane Austin's System Shock-Inspired Prey (2017) Reboot

It actually runs on Cryengine, not that it changes the point.

I think the patch is not out on consoles yet due to the certification stuff. On PC they can just get it out the minute they have it.

I feel really lucky reading some of the posts here, apart from one broken script bug fixed by reloading, I had it completely smooth, no other bugs, crashes and no stuttering.

Ran into my first roadblock last night. Not a bug or anything, just a resources available vs. difficulty of enemies thing. IN the G.U.T.S. Big, nasty things. No ammo, none at all. Ugh.

I have to be honest: right now I would recycle each and every one of you even if it just yielded .01 minerals a pop. I need minerals. Bad.

Make the most of your recycle grenades? Each one I use, I stack up every loose bit of scenery I can into a big pile before detonating it all into a shower of lovely little cubes.

Good idea! I’d just been saving them for when I come across some robots I can’t handle.

I am no longer at a point where I have the breathing room to do any such thing.

Well, I protested for an entire week. So I just bought it.

in all honesty, I had a horrible few days. Tuesday I started to get a toothache. I didn’t sleep Tuesday night, but I had a big meeting Wednesday morning. So I went, with my tooth ramping up to super painful. Sat in a 5 hour sales meeting (as a reference, I’m an engineer) and then went home a little early. Didn’t sleep Wednesday night and the pain ramped up.

Here’s the fun part - the tooth that was hurting has been root canaled already.

So I get up Thursday and call my dentist. She says I need to go to an endodontist. I pack my shit up and drive to the endodontist and he takes a bunch of xrays and sees what the problem is - I have 2 roots instead of one. Basically, if something weird medically is going to happen, it’s going to happen to me.

I had the original root canal done at the UAB dental school, and they freaked out then too. Had a team of doctors around me.

Anyway, one of the roots had failed and there was a ton of infection around the tooth. The doctor told me that he didn’t think he could save it, but he’d try. They put me under and had to remove the tooth. I’m on a lot of pain meds and antibiotics. I think if I’d not done that surgery when it was done, I might have been in medical trouble.

The day of the surgery I threw up about 40 times and kept passing out. It was either the infection or the pain, but whatever it was, I’m pretty sure I don’t want to do that again.

So anyway, Prey is my “get well soon” gift to myself

I’m beat it. There’s one thing about the climax I don’t care for, but it’s not a story thing. Other than that, this was a great game. Things definitely got very hectic over the last few hours. Dwindling resources meant I was often trying to sprint by hostiles. I spent significant parts of this portion of the game at 1 or 0 health kits and praying I could slink by a recycler and then a printer and get a few more. I already want to play this again.

Yikes! Get well soon, boss.

Ok, I finished.

It seems a quite large game (I left many quest unfinished). I only finish games that really interest me, thats say somewhat about the game.

Bravo!

Yes. Untreated toothaches, even if not incredibly painful, can actually kill you.

Here’s an obvious type.

You find operator machines all over the station and they have a limit of 3 operators they can produce. Wrench two for supplies, and keep the third for healing/repair.

And I too, am very short of minerals.

Hmm, I haven’t dipped below 15 medkits since I hit that number. I eat all food I find first (sure you do this too) and locate medical operators (most levels have one somewhere) and then go to them to be healed. Healing hasn’t been a problem for me (I also have the mod that gives me 150% healing with each medkit);

Also you can drink from every bit of plumbing other than toilets, which gets you 1 health point. So it’s worth clicking on the three sinks in every bathroom, etc.

How many people know (or care) what developers are responsible for games they may or may not have liked in the past? I don’t think it factors into people’s decision to buy a game.

You guys cost me too much money talking about news games. I couldn’t resist all the Sys Shock commentary.

I think it does to some extent. People certainly know and care about a new Rockstar or Naughty Dog game for example.

Just got to the lobby. This game is slick. Graphics are just a wee-bit dated looking, but dat UI. . .very Deus Ex, at least for the inventory. Loving the vibe so far.

Man, the upright shadow monsters (mimics?) are tough. Died first time I encountered one in the Lobby area, though my own fault for charging it with the wrench. But I think I lucked out, I found the shotgun and that makes a huge difference.

Loving this game so far.

Make sure you also get the ammo plans from the safe in the same room!