Arkane Austin's System Shock-Inspired Prey (2017) Reboot

I recall McMaster and or Tom liking the Mooncrash DLC a lot.

I am trying to remember where I left off in the game, I couldn’t have been more than an hour or two in, I probably should just restart from he beginning. What the hell else came out around the time of this game’s release that distracted me?

Thanks, bought!

Man…how do you deal with this UI? This is literally the worst UI I have ever experienced in a game. This isn’t just bad, it’s ridiculous. Worse than actual 90s UIs. Refunded.

I thought it was quite good (kbm). What’s your issue with it?

I didn’t have a problem with the UI?

I dislike roguelikes, but loved Prey, so I figured 4 euros is acceptable. Looking forward to trying it.

Are you sure we’re discussing the same game?
I found no issues with the UI at all and I’m pretty sensitive to that kind of stuff.

Yeah, this seems like a strange complaint.

I just want to add that Mooncrash is fantastic - wow.

Felt good to revisit this world in a rogue-like setting. Hope other games pick up on this format.

It is a very fun mode…I like it a lot more than the normal game,

Late to the party, but just finished Prey and…wow. Loved it. If it’s sitting in your backlog, move it to your next game to play.

I am also way late. With Prey the circle is complete. They have created spiritual successors to the Looking Glass immersive sim trifecta. (Ultima Underworld, Thief, System Shock)

Another one late to this game, but just had to mention that I found it one of my best gaming experiences of my life. Steam says it took me 53 hours to finish, and I loved every second. Perhaps being quarantined at home for 2 weeks (and counting) due to coronavirus which allowed unusually long gaming sessions had something to do with it, but I haven’t felt a level of immersion in a game world like I had with Prey in a very long time.

I posted in July of last year that I was planning to restart this from the beginning , might do that for this April since I will be home so much. :)

Finally starting in on Prey! Not very far in, just wandering around reading people’s emails and getting randomly attacked by the furniture. But I dig it so far! Very atmospheric (har har).

This is one of my favorite games of last gen. I’ll probably grab it on a sale for XSX because I’m sure the loading screens won’t be as much of a hassle.

Wow, if it’s possible to be jealous, then I am. I loved the hell out of Prey.

It’s on Game Pass, just in case you were not aware. Trying to catch up on stuff that got by me, hopefully hit Dishonored 2 and Fallout 4 next.

Me too. This is definitely one of those games where the first time IS the charm. Subsequent playthroughs just aren’t the same. Crew Quarters (?) is possibly one of my favorite levels in gaming. All for the world-building and exploration.

It really is a spiritual successor to System Shock.