Armed and Dangerous and Secret Weapons must have tanked bad

GoGamer has them both at $12.90. They haven’t even been out that long, have they? That’s really cheap, even at a sales price.

Yeah, I saw this earlier. Gamerankings had early December for A&D’s release date, and mid-November for SWON. So no, not that long.

Isn’t A&D “flawed by fun?” Should I pick it up?

Even at $12, SWON pretty much just appeals to the Klick-n-Play developer crowd.

It’s repetitive(so far) but fun.I doubt I’ll replay it however once I beat it.

A&D is really just Giants:Citizen Kabuto rehashed, but with less humour, less giants, less half-naked chicks, and only the Land Shark weapon as redeeming feature.

I suggest that anyone considering it should pick up Giants instead. If you loved Giants you should probably give A&D a try, it’s not really bad. Flawed but fun is an apt description, it’s just that Giants covers the flaws better. This is truly a case where developers don’t know how to capitalise on a winning formula.

Hmmm. Giants is somewhere deep in my “still need to play this” pile. So I’ll just dig it out instead. :)

Note that Giants falls flat on its face during the last third of the game, the Kabuto section. Which was really touted as the game’s highlight, but simply isn’t because of the repetitious nature of the Kabuto missions (and the ending boss fight).

The cut-scenes from the latter half of Armed & Dangerous are priceless.

“no need for that…we’ll just stick him right here…”
or:
“You’re both…french!..Ahhhhh, we surrender…”

Classic. :P

A&D’s gameplay is a little on the repetitive side, but on the upside, it’s not difficult at all. It makes a nice, reletively short diversion. It has some really over-the-top weapons, and the characters, while during gameplay are a little tepid, really shine in the cutscenes.

That’s weird. I played A&D on preview Xbox code, and I thought it was fairly challenging. There’s one stage… I think it’s the twelfth, where the attack zeppelins are dropping troops onto the town and you have to defend the place? That stage is a serious bitch. I can’t get past it.

Did they nerf the difficulty level for the retail version or something?

(I thought it was a lot of fun, too. Turret levels > *.)

Giants multi is a blast on lan.

The first campaign in Giants was an absolute classic just for the cutscenes.

“OI! PUB!! TOP!!!”

No, that level was by far the hardest in the game.

I just grabbed Invisible War (DX2) for $25 and Thief 2 ($15) from Gogamer this weekend.

Deus Ex 2 is already selling for less than half (17.99) the retail price in the UK, at play.com, and it hasn’t even been released here yet!

Is that for all versions or just the PC version?

Even at $12, SWON pretty much just appeals to the Klick-n-Play developer crowd.

Warning 1.

:twisted:

–scharmers

Just the PC, Mark.

No, that level was by far the hardest in the game.[/quote]

My hubby invented a few new swears over that level as well. :lol:

Note that Giants falls flat on its face during the last third of the game, the Kabuto section. Which was really touted as the game’s highlight, but simply isn’t because of the repetitious nature of the Kabuto missions (and the ending boss fight).[/quote]

Agreed, but they still make a valiant effort to mix up the gameplay, and playing as Kabuto really is fun the first thirty minutes.

Even so, the Mecc campaign for Giants easily beats anything I’ve seen of A&D so far (about 3/4 through). The Sea Reaper and Kabuto campaign is just an added bonus. .