Armed Assault Demo breakage Q

So… after installing the Armed Assault demo, i select Widescreen aspect and TRY to click on my monitor’s resolution; only it appears to select something that the monitor doesn’t support.

Without even giving me an option to approve of my selection, it immediately tries to set the game to what i choose. This gives an OUT OF RANGE blank screen on my monitor.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, and it seems to have saved those settings. There is no ini files in the install directory, and no screen resolution listed under the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE registry.

Any ideas?

Look for the ArmA folder in MyDocuments and try killing (or editing) the ArmA.cfg file.

Are ya gonna play a co-op mission with me once you get this working? :)

Got it working! Also ordered the full version.

Control suck compared to Red Orchestra. Also, basically no interior of buildings - it’s just an outdoor sim. Pretty much good ole’ OF. It does look awesome though.

I’ve gotten to the point where I don’t want to play ArmA because the cover “mechanic”… doesn’t exist. Hiding behind a sandbag doesn’t work, neither does kneeling behind one with half your body exposed.