Army of the Dead - Zack Snyder returns to zombies with Netflix

I’m going to watch it because it’s on Netflix, it’s a zombie movie, and I’m curious to see how Zack Snyder handles a zombie movie now.

People are robbing something for printed money in the middle of a zombie apocalypse?

Why?

I was thinking the exact same thing. If 99% of the world zombies, money isn’t going to be worth a damn.

I mean, maybe the whole world isn’t. But Zack Snyder is such a dummy that it seems plausible it will be but they’re stealing money anyway and yes this bugs the shit out of me.

It could be fun (although it’s Snyder, so I am keeping expectations extremely low), but even if it is fun if that ends up being true it’s going to hamper the final product for me. So I guess we’ll see.

Maybe they try to steal the money as the apocalypse is starting, and survive because they are in the vault?

That is possible, and I would be ok with that. It’s also like partly the plot of a Stephen (steven?) Niles graphic novel, as I recall (well, it’s not a heist but people survive the ZA in VEgas because they hid in a bank vault).

And a lot of people won’t care either way, and that’s cool too. And nobody really cares but yes I spent the entirety of Land of the Dead screaming at the movie because of this. By screaming, I mean "hurtling my post powerful and violent mind bullets*.

I think I read somewhere that the zombie outbreak was limited to Nevada or something and the government was about to nuke Vegas; hence the rush to get in and out with the money.

Zack Snyder, director of Man of Steel … hahahaha
Looking forward to it, I liked most of Snyders movies except the D.C. stuff

Oh my God. Right from the opening. That CG smoke coming out of the diner. Why?

Someone drew that smoke in with crayon right?

I see someone mentioned Tig above. My interest has now spiked from previously being lukewarm even if she is CGI’d in. Maybe I’ll just watch her scenes. I love her.

I find it so weird, and wonderful, that she keeps getting cast in relatively mainstream, big budget stuff. Her whole schtick is so aggressively deadpan and combative that she doesn’t seem like someone people would naturally think of to play, say, an engineer in a Star Trek show.

I know. I think that each time, but I am always delighted to see her anywhere. I saw her stand up live a little over three years ago. She was so good.

I had not caught she was going to be in it until that preview. It increases my interest as well (the zombie variant, not so much).

…my question is why are they trying to get a lot of cash. Is there a functioning economy based on traditional dollar bills? Did I completely misinterpret the plot?

Literally a half dozen posts above yours.

Is there a go fund me to stop Snyder from directing movies?