Around the World in 80 Days (MASTERPIECE )

Just heard about this as it will be getting a 2nd season, the first hasn’t even aired yet!

They also announced that they are doing a companion series based on Journey to the Center of the Earth. I will definitely give both a shot. Although from the trailer it looks like its Dr. Who as Phineas Fogg.

Just remembered this series based on some comments in another thread. I’m set up to record it but Episode 3 is tonight and the only VOD my Comcast offers is Episode 2. Is there really no way to stream Episode 1? It’s almost like they don’t want to offer the ability to catch up on the series. It’s inducing some hulk rage in me.

It’s still up on PBS’s website, and PBS’s video app. But hurry, it goes behind PBS Passport members only paywall after midnight tonight.

Thanks!!

Episode 1 rerun on PBS is on Jan 19, and episode 2, Jan 26.

I’ve been recording it but haven’t watched yet. How is it so far?

I’m liking it so far. Lots of implausibilities, but no more than I’d expect. The departures from the novel haven’t been troublesome. And it is a really cool story.

The acting is decent, the writing is workmanlike but it gets the job done, and the whole thing knocks along with appropriate haste. Certainly very pretty to look at, too.

My wife and I streamed Ep 1 during the day and watched Ep 2 on demand last night. Pretty fun series, though like all of these epic types of stories, you mostly just have to roll with the story and not think about it too much. But it’s a fun globetrotting adventure and what’s not to like about that?

I like the actors and the settings, but the story line is kinda meh. Maybe it’s just me remembering the old movie and not the book, although I think they have really played with the characters arcs in this version.