Arrrrrr, recommend a pirate game!

I guess I was hoping with the presentation to be able to play better with a controller, especially coming to that game right after playing Black Flag. The controller controls feel like they were tacked in at the end of the dev cycle and are incomplete to the point of being unusable. But that likely comparison likely colored my experience with the game.

I love Blackbeard! And any game that can be played solo gets points in my book.

I just bought Sea Dogs for cheap on GOG but haven’t had the chance to play it yet. I’d like to hear if it’s any good.

I have gotten back into Sid Meier’s Pirates recently since it was enabled for backward compatibility on the Xbox One. I forgot what that game is, and perfect for pick up and play for just a little while.

Personally, I found Black Flag to be pretty dissatisfying. I loved the attention to detail and the sea battles, but I felt the open seas was too confining to give any sense of sailing in the open world. I think AC3 actually did this better, the “search an destroy” sea battles were just little vignettes, they didn’t give you a bathtub and call it an ocean.

I guess most folks aren’t big fans of Sea of Thieves and it is multiplayer, but it’s a lot of fun getting a crew together to actually man a ship. And you can try it for free by using a two week trial of Game Pass.

Well there is this gem, that was in my discovery queue today.

I am pretty sure I’ll vote for Tom to play this for the next Request Wednesday.